Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
  • Welcome to The Upholster.com Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 02:30:07 am

News:

Welcome to our new upholstery forum with an updated theme and improved functionality. We welcome your comments and questions to our forum! Visit our main website, Upholster.com, for our extensive supply of upholstery products, instructional information and videos, and much more.

Attached cushions.

Started by Jerseygirl, February 03, 2017, 06:43:26 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Jerseygirl

Decided to replace foam cushions on my leather sectional for Super Bowl Sunday.
I'm having a difficult time, because cushions are attached with only a 18" zipper in the back.
Any advice?

sofadoc

Without removing the covers from the frame by picking all the staples out, your only option would be to remove the old foam by tearing it out in chunks. Then install new foam by wrapping it in a plastic bag and sucking all the air out with a vacuum.

Leave the opening in the plastic bag toward the front of the cushion core so you can pull the bag out after you get the foam into the cover.

This is all VERY RISKY with a small 18" zipper. I'm not sure that I'd want to try it. Be prepared for this endeavor to fail. A broken zipper is highly likely.
"Perfection is the greatest enemy of profitability" - Mark Cuban

Jerseygirl