Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
  • Welcome to The Upholster.com Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 23, 2024, 04:23:21 am

News:

Welcome to our new upholstery forum with an updated theme and improved functionality. We welcome your comments and questions to our forum! Visit our main website, Upholster.com, for our extensive supply of upholstery products, instructional information and videos, and much more.

get staples inside 1/4" channel?

Started by omh, August 28, 2015, 03:20:51 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

omh

Hello,

I am working on some Louis XVI chairs that have a channel that is about 1/4" wide around the seat and back pad. I have discovered that the nose of my stapler is too thick to fit inside the channel. Any suggestions - of staplers that will fit inside teh channel or other approaches?

Thank you!

MinUph

In case you come back to read this here goes.
  You need to grind down the nose of your gun. If you have a grinder and are fairly proficient in its use your good to go. If not take it to someone that can do this. The metal in the tool is hardened so you need to be careful not to overheat it. So when grinding it. dip it in water every so often to keep it cool. You want to grind the front section straight across to the point where it will fit the groove with enough play to allow the thickness of fabric to also be there. Thats it. No need for any special stapler just an adjustment. I've had to do a couple of them through the years and they work fine.
Paul
Minichillo's Upholstery
Website

omh

Ah, thank you so much. I will definitely try grinding down my stapler's nose!