Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
  • Welcome to The Upholster.com Forum. Please login or sign up.

May 04, 2024, 05:40:19 am

News:

Welcome to our new upholstery forum with an updated theme and improved functionality. We welcome your comments and questions to our forum! Visit our main website, Upholster.com, for our extensive supply of upholstery products, instructional information and videos, and much more.

Crazy Season is Upon Us

Started by Mojo, October 21, 2014, 02:27:25 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Mojo

The snowbirds are out moving about, making plans for their winter travel and blowing my phone and e-mail account up.

It has been completely nuts and one of those weeks that I take one step forward and 3 steps back. I am buried for a couple weeks and the orders continue to pile up everyday. Looking back a year ago at this time we were busy but not this crazy busy.

Now that everyone is getting their coaches ready for their winter travels they feel it is a good time for new toppers and awnings. Geeeesssshhh..........Now I see how you Marine people feel in the spring time.

Onward and upward I guess......My wife is now officially a stitcher widow. She said she would see me sometime around Christmas.......lol.......:)

Chris

Mike

I see a lot in town already the restraunts  are crowded , you would think chris the rvers would get them ready a bit sooner but I gueese most stay till after thanksgiving .

I got a rush job for a different dealer then my landlord from a snowbird sale , and a big job on a trawler quote today the guy though he would beat the snowbird rush but if he waits too long he will be at the end of the list ; hopefully he will call Monday, that will fund my new boat motor rebuilds

Mike

Quote from: Mojo on October 21, 2014, 02:27:25 pm

Now that everyone is getting their coaches ready for their winter travels they feel it is a good time for new toppers and awnings. Geeeesssshhh..........Now I see how you Marine people feel in the spring
Chris

Chris inget alot of people who want somthing done on there boat who call in march and say there lleaving come april.  I had one guy who waited so late he decided to do it when he gets here this year. Well see it he cals. 

SteveA

Here in NY I see that some of your clients are waiting till after Thanksgiving to fly down.  Mike do you have your flyer up in some of those restaurants that offer those early bird specials ? 
I understand there are three religions in Florida - golf, fishing, and restaurants w/early bird specials.

SA

Mike

October 25, 2014, 02:28:50 pm #4 Last Edit: October 25, 2014, 02:31:09 pm by Mike
you know I don't remember seeing any earlybird specials aroung yes there is sienior discounts and ive been asked if I want it, heck ya :)  only advertising I do ids online my website and facebook. word of mouth is the best referals. I just did a enclosure for the cruise captian for a local yacht club he told me he passed out several of my cards on a recient cruise last weekend