Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
  • Welcome to The Upholster.com Forum. Please login or sign up.

May 09, 2024, 10:19:59 am

News:

Welcome to our new upholstery forum with an updated theme and improved functionality. We welcome your comments and questions to our forum! Visit our main website, Upholster.com, for our extensive supply of upholstery products, instructional information and videos, and much more.

match thread for seabrook

Started by nyuphol, August 31, 2010, 08:15:01 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

nyuphol

does any one know of any thread lines that match the sea brook colors?

nyuphol

is this top secret

no one does marine work?

ahkahn

The closest you'll find is Sunguard.  The issue is that the manufacturers of Seabrook and the manufacturers of thread are two different people.  Sunguard deliberately matched some Sunbrella colors, so that gives you the popular marine colors.

http://www.duboisfabrics.com/category_s/337.htm

-Andrew

JuneC

When I started in this business I bought colored thread for various fabrics and vinyls.  Now, for the past 3 or 4 years, thread only comes in 2 colors - black and white.  Everything turns white eventually anyway...  even bonded black.

June
"Horse sense is the thing a horse has which keeps it from betting on people."

W. C. Fields

ahkahn

Good point, June.  I also know of a lot of people who are really into the clear monofilament...  That takes the color of whatever you're sewing. 

-Andrew

Grebo

Quote from: JuneC on September 12, 2010, 07:02:29 am
When I started in this business I bought colored thread for various fabrics and vinyls.  Now, for the past 3 or 4 years, thread only comes in 2 colors - black and white.  Everything turns white eventually anyway...  even bonded black.

June

Ditto  ;D

The only monofilament I have come across seems to have shrunk & in some cases ripped the fabric along the seam line, now I have no idea what was used either in make or quality, but it sure puts me off trying it  ::)

ahkahn

Well, what are the opinions on Teflon thread?  I think the off-brands are called PTFE.  I believe it only comes in white, but quality is unsurpassed.

-Andrew