Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
  • Welcome to The Upholster.com Forum. Please login or sign up.

May 19, 2024, 08:31:43 am

News:

Welcome to our new upholstery forum with an updated theme and improved functionality. We welcome your comments and questions to our forum! Visit our main website, Upholster.com, for our extensive supply of upholstery products, instructional information and videos, and much more.

on site comressor

Started by byhammerandhand, July 21, 2014, 11:12:22 am

Previous topic - Next topic

byhammerandhand

This came into my inbox today.   Might be a good choice if someone's looking for a portable on-site compressor.  On clearance, so supplies limited.

http://www.fastenal.com/web/products/details/0229519?utm_source=knotice&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=email

Fastenal seems to have stores in most towns.     No association with them other than as a customer, yada, yada.
Keith

"Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work." Thomas A. Edison

Darren Henry

July 21, 2014, 03:23:25 pm #1 Last Edit: July 21, 2014, 04:21:24 pm by Darren Henry
that is  more compressor than I use. At 45 pounds "portable" is a relative term where I'm the size of small jockey,out of shape, and have done a number on my back a couple of weeks ago. The one I use is  more like 25 pounds and by the time you get into a second story walk up that hand operated T-50 in my tool bag is starting look pretty good LOL.

Life is a short one way trip, don't blow it!Live hard,die young and leave no ill regrets!

SteveA

Have you thought about a Duo Fast for on site work ? The best corded electric gun I've used -
SA

byhammerandhand

My EDC  ("Every Day Compressor") is a Maxus.  It has aluminum tanks that mean two things:
- Very lightweight, about 24 pounds *
- Tank does not rust and shed out rusty water

* I have still not figured out how I can get 110 pounds of air in there and it still only weighs 24 pounds.
Keith

"Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work." Thomas A. Edison

baileyuph

Quote from: SteveA on July 22, 2014, 03:42:41 am
Have you thought about a Duo Fast for on site work ? The best corded electric gun I've used -
SA

Along with Steve, I too have the newer Duo-Fast electric, strickly for out of the shop needs.  I have found the newer electric to be stronger than the first I had.  In shop use, have two air systems.

The advantage of the portable air for out of shop use would be for air nailing or driving something other than a stapler - everyone's requirement would be expected to vary.

Doyle

byhammerandhand

I watched eBay for about a year for a DuoFast.   Seems like most of them were beat to death by carpet installers tacking down padding.

As mentioned, I carry a compressor because I use it for
- upholstery stapler
- brad nailer
- micro pinner
- narrow crown stapler
- air brush

I also have a finish nailer, but don't carry it unless I predict a need for it.
This compressor is a bit too small for my spray guns, blow guns, and pneumatic wrench that I use in the shop, too.

But then again, I do lots of things other than stapling upholstery.
Keith

Geech

For what it's worth I purchased one of these compressors in 2010. 

While it is a touch heavy to lug around every day, the noise level is amazingly low.  I used it mostly as a stationary compressor inside an 20' enclosed trailer for nearly two years, averaging 2 days of use in a week I imagine.  It's since been retired to hobby use around the home now that I was pulled back into my former industry, but it still functions flawlessly.  I would buy another one today to have as a backup / replacement if my business was still operational. 

As an FYI - when I went to find another one for a friend in January of 2013 and learned it was discontinued according to the online seller I purchased mine from.   I confirmed it at the time from the manufacturer's site as well.  As a result, I'm wondering how old units they're selling are - I thought that was worth mentioning.  If you find one in stock at a nearby store, this bit of info might be worth an in-store discussion to talk about a even better price. 

Greg