Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
  • Welcome to The Upholster.com Forum. Please login or sign up.

May 03, 2024, 09:48:33 pm

News:

Welcome to our new upholstery forum with an updated theme and improved functionality. We welcome your comments and questions to our forum! Visit our main website, Upholster.com, for our extensive supply of upholstery products, instructional information and videos, and much more.

10 Tools Your Auto Trim Shop Should Never Skimp On

Started by TheHogRing, September 12, 2011, 11:58:01 am

Previous topic - Next topic

TheHogRing

September 12, 2011, 11:58:01 am Last Edit: September 12, 2011, 01:01:24 pm by TheHogRing
Not every tool you own needs to be a Snap-On, Matco or Craftsman. Sometimes a cheap, average-quality tool will do just fine. However, there are some tools that no auto upholstery shop can afford to skimp on.

We've compiled a list of the 10 tools your auto trim shop should buy the best of: http://tinyurl.com/6euxhmz

We hope you'll give the list a read and add your own suggestions to the list!

Thanks!

Gregg @ Keystone Sewing

September 12, 2011, 04:29:34 pm #1 Last Edit: September 12, 2011, 08:35:49 pm by Gregg @ Keystone Sewing
3. Sewing Machine

This is a no-brainer. It doesn't matter whether your sewing machine is a Singer, Pfaf, Juki, Brother or Consew. As long as you're operating on an industrial strength walking-foot machine with a wide array of feet, you'll be in good shape. I wouldn't trade my Singer 111w for the world. It's well over 50 years old and still runs perfectly. All I do is keep it oiled and call to have it serviced once a year.

Word*

*Should have been #1 one, but hey, it's not my list. 

TheHogRing

Thanks for reading our list Gregg! I agree, if it was an ordered list, sewing machine would definitely be #1.

Gregg @ Keystone Sewing

Quote from: TheHogRing on September 15, 2011, 09:55:21 am
Thanks for reading our list Gregg! I agree, if it was an ordered list, sewing machine would definitely be #1.

Oh well, there's always next year!   :P

Mike8560

I bought my 111w 22 years ago used. I have no IDE how old it is and many have asked me.  It is a black k e Greg  with thebstitch length dial on thebright flywheel. Would tha tbe a indication of how old posibly ?

Gregg @ Keystone Sewing

As per the singer serial chart;
KA to KY Beginning 1959

your machine sounds older with the dial on the handwheel, but a 22 subclass is not common.