Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
  • Welcome to The Upholster.com Forum. Please login or sign up.

May 03, 2024, 11:05:14 am

News:

Welcome to our new upholstery forum with an updated theme and improved functionality. We welcome your comments and questions to our forum! Visit our main website, Upholster.com, for our extensive supply of upholstery products, instructional information and videos, and much more.

10" bent trimmers.................

Started by RandyOnR3, May 19, 2011, 06:22:03 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

RandyOnR3

I'm one of those lucky people that can use either hand for just about anything.. including writing both left and right..
  so I broke down and decided to buy another set of "WISS" bent trimmers in a left hand version.. they came in today.. kinda shocked as even thou the shears are designed in the handle as a left handed set, the blades are the same as the right handed..
  the object to the left handed shears are to cut with the left hand and see what your cutting but these are built backward.. the blade covers the cutting area..
   its like putting your right hand shears in your left hand......
then I found out that many companys do exactly that and few like "Gingher" actually built true left hand shears.......
   if anyone knows of another company that builds a true left hand pair of shears and is a really heavy duty pair, I need to know.. I'll be using them on carpet..

sofadoc

I always had trouble finding true lefties for my wife.
I couldn't get my suppliers to understand the difference.
I'm glad to hear someone else say this, so I know that I'm not crazy.
"Perfection is the greatest enemy of profitability" - Mark Cuban

gene

Wow. Cutting carpet with shears is difficult. I do not know of any true left handed scissors. I'm so used to using right handed with my left hand that I beg family and friends to NEVER buy me left handed scissors. The two pair I have are at my studio gathering dust.

Being a lefty, I always hated it in grade school when I had to sit in a left handed chair, the kind with a writing top attached. I was so used to the right handed ones that the left handed ones were very awkward.

I write with my left hand but I type with both hands.  :)

gene
QUALITY DOES NOT COST, IT PAYS!

RandyOnR3

In my quest to find a good set of 10 inch bent trimmers in a left handed version.. I found "SONOMA CUTLARY" with a web site of gingher.US .. seems gingher has stopped production of the left handed shears so they sent me to the last person they sent any to.. he had them in stock..
  On another note, he also told me that left handed shears avalable in the UK but the cost is high due to the difference between the dollar and the euro.......
   the way I see it, its not a cost factor if its used for  work............

gene

If us left handers were covered under the Americans With Disabilities Act every cutlery company in the USA would make left handed everything for fear of being sued.

I have asked ticket agents if I could get a seat on the left side of the plane because I'm left handed. Everyone of them without exception has looked for a seat on the left side without questioning my request.

gene
QUALITY DOES NOT COST, IT PAYS!

jsquail

Take a look at the Mundial scissors. They may have what you are looking for.
Gloucester Canvas
www.gloucestercanvas.com
I can be found on Facebook and Google+ as Gloucester Canvas

bobbin

My Dad was a leftie and I know that they just have a different perspective on things, which make them all the more special.  And "adapting" right hand tools isn't very successful. 

He learned penmanship before the invention of the ball point pen.  They used pens you loaded at the ink well on your desk!  And the teachers tried to make him write with his right hand.  He was usually in tears when it was time to practice penmanship.  Until his 3rd. grade teacher asked him to try writing with his left hand... she was a leftie, too!  She showed him  how to turn the paper around so he didn't have to cock his wrist uncomfortably (and drag it through the wet ink).  He had absolutely flawless penmanship in the classic, Palmer Method school. 

I always notice lefties and only a very few of them know to turn the paper around... Barak Obama doesn't.