Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
  • Welcome to The Upholster.com Forum. Please login or sign up.

May 02, 2024, 09:31:30 pm

News:

Welcome to our new upholstery forum with an updated theme and improved functionality. We welcome your comments and questions to our forum! Visit our main website, Upholster.com, for our extensive supply of upholstery products, instructional information and videos, and much more.

OK......NOW you're talkin'

Started by sofadoc, August 15, 2012, 10:35:15 am

Previous topic - Next topic

sofadoc

Greenhouse Fabrics has been promising lower priced books for quite some time. Today, they finally delivered:

Nice to see prices going in the OTHER direction for a change. They also sent 4 books that retail at $38.90 (still not bad).   
They even threw in one of those "Upholsterers never die" T-shirts.
Who says this business doesn't have it's perks?
"Perfection is the greatest enemy of profitability" - Mark Cuban

Cheryl

Laughter does a heart good, like a medicine...  Laugh often.  Cry when you need to...  but Love always.

sofadoc

Quote from: Cheryl on August 15, 2012, 08:11:53 pm
What kind of quality are they??
Decent quality. As far as I'm concerned, the fabrics in their $60+ books really aren't  any better. 

kodydog

Cool, maybe they finally got the message.
There cannot be a crisis next week. My schedule is already full.
http://northfloridachair.com/index.html

crosjn

Is Greenhouse everyone's low-cost go-to fabric provider?  Any other recommendations?

sofadoc

Quote from: crosjn on August 23, 2012, 11:07:49 am
Is Greenhouse everyone's low-cost go-to fabric provider?  Any other recommendations?
I didn't mean to mislead anyone into thinking that Greenhouse is low-cost. Believe me, the recent $28.90 books that they sent me are NOT the norm for them.

I like Charlotte Fabrics (Minneapolis), and Leon's Fabrics (Columbus, Ga). They both have a good selection of fabrics that retail in the high 30's.