Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
  • Welcome to The Upholster.com Forum. Please login or sign up.

May 20, 2024, 04:04:31 pm

News:

Welcome to our new upholstery forum with an updated theme and improved functionality. We welcome your comments and questions to our forum! Visit our main website, Upholster.com, for our extensive supply of upholstery products, instructional information and videos, and much more.

Defective thread?

Started by sofadoc, August 07, 2012, 09:06:37 am

Previous topic - Next topic

scarab29

Probably had asbestos in it in the 50's !!
duct tape is like the force . it has a light side , a dark side , and holds the universe together.

Gregg @ Keystone Sewing

I'm a sewing machine guy, not a thread guy, but I'll add my two cents.

-If the thread giving off this much residue before it hits the needle...it's the thread, no matter what size needle, for sure.  If you want to see, take the thread and run it through the tensions without going through the needle.  I'm sure the result will be the same as you see in the image.

-Compressed air is your friend

-Make sure to clean out the upper tension disks and the bobbin case tension spring, or you will lose consistency quickly.  The thread tension disks and thread tension spring on the bobbin case will become impacted with residue very quickly.

-IMHO quality thread is not supposed to do this, and the bonding process for this thread is failing.  I'm sure people would call lickety split if our Poly thread we sell did this.

scarab29

Hold on there cowboy , Greg , you sell thread?  8)
duct tape is like the force . it has a light side , a dark side , and holds the universe together.