Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
  • Welcome to The Upholster.com Forum. Please login or sign up.

May 17, 2024, 02:16:21 pm

News:

Welcome to our new upholstery forum with an updated theme and improved functionality. We welcome your comments and questions to our forum! Visit our main website, Upholster.com, for our extensive supply of upholstery products, instructional information and videos, and much more.

Does any one here use weathermax ?

Started by Grebo, July 16, 2012, 06:41:21 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Grebo

I just had a cover in to repair, its the first time I have come across this stuff.
Made from saturamax yarn  ???   ?  Feels very much like a nylon, any one know how long it lasts in the real world ?

Suzi

Bob T

I've used it for a lot of things.  It is extremely UV resistant and abrasion resistant.  In 10 years, I've never seen it fade.  I like it for items that need to be light weight but durable and tough.  It can be hard to sew as it is very tightly woven.  Overall, great stuff durability wise. 

Grebo

Thanks Bob, thats good to know.
The 'nylon'y' feel had me worried.

Suzi

Mojo

I have used it before as well. I had great luck with it. O know MiamiMike touted its longevity and how well it held up to the environment.

Good stuff. :)

Chris

Mike

Ive used ir few time also i like it like surlast only better i think it doese have a different inside and out.
Like the strong but i not seen it after being done eith w cover
Here is one  i did a few weeks ago
http://i782.photobucket.com/albums/yy102/Mike8560/covers/5ef81d65.jpg

Lynn

Hi All,

Started using weathermax this year...love it!  makes awesome boat tops. Also made two sets of awnings for a motorhome and someones house.
I've made five full on travel covers for Malibu jet boats and the customers are all raving about how nice it folds up for storage. Today I'm making a bimini top for a small 18' boat and it's looking great.

It was originally developed for the military so it must be tough! If you check out the specs it more than holds its own against Sunbrella, and you don't have to re-proof it every two years!

Shame they don't make a matching binding.

Lynn
Life's too short.....let's go fishing!!!

Miami Mike

Lynn, we have binding for the WeatherMax. Part numbers would be 29355B1 for 1" inch and 29355B34 for 3/4" inch.
WeatherMax 80 WeatherMax FR WeatherMax LT Recacril Design Line Recacril Stripes Outdura Outdura Stripes Outdura Weblon Regatta, Holiday Top Notch Top Notch Elite Top Gun Vista Odyssey III Softouch Strata Glass Crystal Clear OSea Glass Regalite Glass Sattler Nautimar Soluna

Lynn

Life's too short.....let's go fishing!!!

Mike

I just got a boat with a new.motor but I had to Instsll the motor. So I set the boat out back and installed the motor. But being outside I wanted to cover the motor while I was working on it I had a few yards of weather max so a made a small cover to snap on over the motor area. I have decided seeing how durable it is and lightweight I'm going to make a full set of cover with weathermax probly white as it seems as it would be alot easier to keep clean the sunbrella or a simmilar acrylic in white.