Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
  • Welcome to The Upholster.com Forum. Please login or sign up.

May 18, 2024, 02:33:20 pm

News:

Welcome to our new upholstery forum with an updated theme and improved functionality. We welcome your comments and questions to our forum! Visit our main website, Upholster.com, for our extensive supply of upholstery products, instructional information and videos, and much more.

sailrite machine on ebay

Started by fragged8, December 16, 2010, 12:30:43 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

fragged8

Allan

Rich

Isn,t that what you were looking at for the van??

Allan

Gregg @ Keystone Sewing

You guys KNOW I don't pimp my gear here, but that I will chime in when I feel it's in the best interest of the MB;

I sell that same machine from the same made in Taiwan factory NEW, shipped, for less then the $500 plus shipping price of that used machine.  My machine is under a different name, and does not have the monster hand wheel, just the standard. 

Allan

Gregg

I purchased one of those machines you are talking about and am as happy as a pig in mud with it

Allan

fragged8

hiya

no worries Greg, I am looking for one of those but the ebay one is 110V Allan
we are 240V in the UK.

What would the shipping be to the UK Greg ? Surface mail as its cheaper.

BTW it's -5 Deg C here this morning Grrrr

Rich

Allan

Rich

Mine had 110V motor also
I started off with a 110V - 240V transformer however later I bought a 240V motor and controller for it
I got mine from Reliance (Canada) direct and the service was excellent however Gregg should be able to look after you too
It cost me $200 to ship but that was air
Still way cheaper than the blue ones

Allan

fragged8

hiya

Solent Sew here sells them for £600 so I don't expect i can save anything
after I have paid the Import duty.

gene

December 17, 2010, 05:04:45 am #7 Last Edit: December 17, 2010, 05:06:38 am by gene
No one knows if that machine works! Hello???

And why do I have to email the seller to find out what my shipping costs will be???

It is my thought that the shipping charges are what the buyer paid for the machine plus his profit. If you buy it and don't like it, you ship it back to him at your expense, minus his shipping charges, which is what he paid for it plus his profit. If so, it would benefit him to sell it many times and have it returned many times. Used car dealers do the same thing: GET YOUR FINANCING HERE!

Rich, it is my humble opinion that it is a bargain only for the seller. (This was before Gregg tried to confuse the issue with facts. 

Gregg, how well does this machine bind carpet?

gene
QUALITY DOES NOT COST, IT PAYS!

Gregg @ Keystone Sewing

Quote from: Allan on December 17, 2010, 01:34:16 am
Rich

Mine had 110V motor also
I started off with a 110V - 240V transformer however later I bought a 240V motor and controller for it
I got mine from Reliance (Canada) direct and the service was excellent however Gregg should be able to look after you too
It cost me $200 to ship but that was air
Still way cheaper than the blue ones

Allan

Reliable Corporation is the company up there in Canada, not Reliance, same machine I stock and sell.

For carpet binding...I' m not sure.  It's not the first machine I would think of for that work.

fragged8

Quote from: gene on December 17, 2010, 05:04:45 am

And why do I have to email the seller to find out what my shipping costs will be???

gene

shipping costs like everything else in Britain is going to be about 3 times the cost you guys pay ( rip off Britain ), thats why i was asking.

why carpet binding  ? it's just a sewing machine but portable.

Rich

Gregg @ Keystone Sewing

Quote from: fragged8 on December 17, 2010, 10:15:14 am
Quote from: gene on December 17, 2010, 05:04:45 am

gene

shipping costs like everything else in Britain is going to be about 3 times the cost you guys pay ( rip off Britain ), thats why i was asking.

why carpet binding  ? it's just a sewing machine but portable.

Rich

Because some carpet binders move around the material.

buffalowaters

Hey Rich,
Thats not a bad price for a zig zag machine....
Dave

Gregg @ Keystone Sewing

December 21, 2010, 05:51:46 am #12 Last Edit: December 21, 2010, 12:55:38 pm by Gregg @ Keystone Sewing
Quote from: buffalowaters on December 21, 2010, 03:40:07 am
Hey Rich,
Thats not a bad price for a zig zag machine....
Dave

Hey Dave,
Looks like someone didn't read this thread before posting!
Unless you like paying full price for a new Cadillac, and getting a 2001 model with 78,000 miles on it, if that's your thing!
Gregg