Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
  • Welcome to The Upholster.com Forum. Please login or sign up.

May 10, 2024, 03:55:49 am

News:

Welcome to our new upholstery forum with an updated theme and improved functionality. We welcome your comments and questions to our forum! Visit our main website, Upholster.com, for our extensive supply of upholstery products, instructional information and videos, and much more.

Forsche 32 project

Started by stitcher_guy, July 07, 2010, 08:15:48 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

stitcher_guy

I have a customer who brought me a Dearborn Deuce (fiberglass, Coast to Coast bodied) project. But he really likes the 62 Porsche Speedster he owned years ago. Stock hot rod interiors that are showing up at the Goodguys shows and all over are getting cookie cutter, so we went a different route. The Forsche 32 has a recreated interior of a 62 Speedster. We cut the dash, grafted in a Porsche eyebrow, and made a new face, incorporating repro gauges. Seats model speedster seats, using Pontiac Fiero skeletons for a start. Unlike the original seats which were fixed position wooden things, these are adjustable, and include 8-pod Road Comfort massagers w/remotes, adjustable lumbar support, and base/back seat heaters. The door panels are modeled from pictures of Speedsters, except we flipped the storage pocket to the front to better fit the cramped quarters of the 32.

We were shooting for the Goodguys show in Des Moines, Iowa, but some mechanical issues (a/c was leaking, alignment) and some finalizing in the interior has put the big showing off til Louisville in August. Until then it's already been in a Fourth of July Parade and is hitting a couple local shows just to get some seat time and road time on the car for the bigger trip.

The project was headed by PRO Stitch Auto Interiors and Upholstery, Inc. in Taylorville, IL. Also brought into the build was J-Rods (Jared Moyer, owner) and Perfection Auto Body (A.J. McKinney owner) for mechanical and paintwork. Shane Sanders (owner of the PRO Stitch-sponsored 93 Buick LeSabre) handles final cleanup and show prep.

Click on the pic (or link) below and the slideshow should start.

gene

Wow! I do not do cars, but I absolutely love and appreciate the craftsmanship you are showing on this one. I can only imagine the hours that went into this project.

Thanks for the pictures.

Gene
QUALITY DOES NOT COST, IT PAYS!

Mojo

As always Russ your work is amazing.

I love the way it all came out. Awesome dude. :)

Chris

JuneC

Super work there!  I really love the door panels. 

June
"Horse sense is the thing a horse has which keeps it from betting on people."

W. C. Fields

snowpea

My work is mainly centered around cars and I can appreciate your awesome work.  I'll definitely bookmark this one for inspiration.  My husband has a 29 Ford he's playing with and plans to my as a Rat rod.  Guess who gets to have fun building the interior ?

hdflame

Russ,

What an absolutely AWESOME job! (Insert clapping hooping and hollering!)

I'm never posting any more pictures of clear grill covers...(sigh)

That kind of quality and styling could beat any of those hotrod shop TV shows that are on cable/sattelite.  I caught the comment about the $2,200 CNC piece on the dash.  I don't know what this guy does for a living, but he dang sure ain't no fireman! ;D

Bobby
www.riddlescustomupholstery.com
www.sunstopper.biz
Several Old Singers
Elna SU
Older Union Special
BRAND NEW Highlead GC0618-1-SC
and a new Cobra Class 4 Leather Machine  ;)

cruiser

Awesome work, Russ.   This is exactly what should make it in magazines and other media press.

Sorry you didn't make it to Des Moines.  I could have seen it there.  I won't make it to Louisville.   I'm sure they'll be all over this one. 

I wish I could have seen this in person.  Keep us posted on how things turn out at the Nat's in Louisville.

ncydmn

SWEEEETTT!  Bet your customer loved it and I bet you are happy to work for a client who appreciates what it takes to create a one off unique job and the ability to focus on the finished product not the budget.  Great job and good luck at the shows.  Roy.

tobyjuarez

Lynn

Amazing work as ever...can I come and work for you? ;D pleeeeese ;D ;D

lynn
Life's too short.....let's go fishing!!!

Saddleman

stitcher

Russell

Nice job !

Stitcher