Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
  • Welcome to The Upholster.com Forum. Please login or sign up.

May 09, 2024, 07:38:11 am

News:

Welcome to our new upholstery forum with an updated theme and improved functionality. We welcome your comments and questions to our forum! Visit our main website, Upholster.com, for our extensive supply of upholstery products, instructional information and videos, and much more.

Solid Brass Decorative nails

Started by jdnostro, August 13, 2010, 11:07:32 am

Previous topic - Next topic

jdnostro

Hi, I am a newbie and also a furniture maker. I have just made 4 additional dining chairs to add to my clients original six. I also stripped to the bone and rebuilt the 6 originals. The chairs are old and probably from Europe and upholstered in leather and trimmed with solid brass decorative nails. The nail pattern is a daisy with alternating narrow and wider petals. My client would like to re upholster with a solid brass nail as close as possible to the original ( Not Brass Plated Nails). I know that findind the alternating narrow and wide petals could be difficult , but I have not been able to find a source  for Solid Brass daisy's w/1/2"-9/16"dia. I'll try to include fotos. Any help locating a source for Solid Brass Decorative Nails in the Daisy Design would be very much appreciated.--Joe

sofadoc

Didn't see exactly what you wanted, but take a look at these:
http://www.leesdec.com/2010-catalog/LEES-NailCatalog2006-Eastern.pdf

scroll down to page 11  OB 747  Old Brass Daisy
"Perfection is the greatest enemy of profitability" - Mark Cuban