Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
  • Welcome to The Upholster.com Forum. Please login or sign up.

May 21, 2024, 07:46:47 pm

News:

Welcome to our new upholstery forum with an updated theme and improved functionality. We welcome your comments and questions to our forum! Visit our main website, Upholster.com, for our extensive supply of upholstery products, instructional information and videos, and much more.

Opp's Forgot To Report

Started by Mojo, May 16, 2012, 06:03:57 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Mojo

I forgot to mention about how my seminars went with my new powerpoint presentation as well as my inspections. .

My wife the powerpoint guru helped me put together two seminar's using powerpoint just before I left on the trip. They included a lot of photos as well as bulleted highlights.

They were very well received and I have to admit they really helped me tremendously on staying on point and on track. My last seminar I did in March was a clustered mess. I was all over the map and while most in the audience didn't know it, I did and it bothered me. I did one in March where I was really struggling to say focused. I no longer have the brain to waltz through seminars without notes and cards. The powerpoint presentation kept things moving very well and helped eliminate those moments of " what the hell was I going to say next & where was I ummmmm.. " ..... ;D

The Rally went extremely well. I did 30 coach inspections of slide topper and awnings and converted a 1/3rd of those to confirmed orders. But I have to admit my ass was dragging like an old tired dog. My body felt like I had been run over by a Mac truck..........several times going forward and reverse. :) Climbing up and down those buses and standing and measuring in blowing wind 13 ft in the air ( not to mention the tops of these coaches being wet with dew ) is NOT my idea of fun. But the owners really appreciate me doing them and it has really helped establish me and my business name with their tight knit group. It has also brought in a lot of business.

There is one other thing I did with these inspections. Every coach I go up onto I inspect the fabric and thread to give the owners an idea of how much life is left in them. This helps them with their maintenance budget from year to year. I also record all the measurements as well as fabric colors onto a worksheet. When I get back to the shop this all goes into a file. The owners love this idea because they can now pick up the phone and call me and order new fabric without having to figure out the color and measurements themselves. For me it is a way to continue to ensure future orders as well as help me plan production. I have close to 100 inspections in my files and hopefully can convert most of those in the next 24 months.

Overall I loved the idea of the presentation via computer. The prior strokes I have had left my brain unable to master long presentations and all the content. I think slower and it takes a lot longer for me to move from one thought process to another. This idea the wife had really brought me back into the real world and made my seminars much more professional and helped me get through them with ease. It also helped me not look like a complete dumb azz. :)

Just wanted to pass that info on.

Chris

Eaglewis

Sounds like a good time. I work with PowerPoint in my other job and they sure do keep things straight and going in the right direction. If you get off track answering questions, just look up at the screen and keep rolling.

Glad things are going well and congrats on picking up new customers.

Wade