Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
  • Welcome to The Upholster.com Forum. Please login or sign up.

May 15, 2024, 12:54:30 pm

News:

Welcome to our new upholstery forum with an updated theme and improved functionality. We welcome your comments and questions to our forum! Visit our main website, Upholster.com, for our extensive supply of upholstery products, instructional information and videos, and much more.

FYI DYI

Started by gene, March 21, 2015, 03:07:04 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

gene

I believe Mike802 mentioned this not too long ago. So thank you to Mike.

The sewing table for my Juki LU 562 (the Juki LU 563 has a bigger bobbin) was one of many things in my life that have begun to sag.

In January I took the sewing head off the table, the light, and the bobbin winder. I layed the table face down on the floor. I left the motor attached to the table.

I bought $30 worth of metal L brackets and lag bolts. I screwed 5 L brackets to the bottom of the table, cutting them to length where needed. I especially reinforced the table around the motor.

Several months later the table still looks straight as can be.

This was done instead of building a big custom table or buying a new table. I actually thought the new tables would not be as strong as my old table with the L brackets.

gene
QUALITY DOES NOT COST, IT PAYS!

kodydog

American ingenuity at its best. Way to go Gene.
There cannot be a crisis next week. My schedule is already full.
http://northfloridachair.com/index.html

Darren Henry

Holy carp,Gene---what is that 562 running for a motor? A Cat. diesel with an Allison transmission. [shocked]. I've never heard of a table sagging before.
Life is a short one way trip, don't blow it!Live hard,die young and leave no ill regrets!

Mike

I had a old table that was sagging probably the particle boat it was made of.

Bob T

I've seen table tops sag in high humidity areas.  I usually just mount a piece of angle iron. to the bottom side of the tabletop.

cajunpedaler

I'm in South Louisiana. Both of my tables are saggy.  Need to do the angle iron fix.
If at first you don't succeed, redefine success. If at first you fail, redefine failure.

BigJohn

I've seen in the past both Chipboard tables and for a higher price Plywood tables, one would think that the laminated plywood table would be stronger and stay straighter!

Big John

Mike

mine is the Chipboardor particle board glued sawdust