Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
  • Welcome to The Upholster.com Forum. Please login or sign up.

May 12, 2024, 06:18:17 pm

News:

Welcome to our new upholstery forum with an updated theme and improved functionality. We welcome your comments and questions to our forum! Visit our main website, Upholster.com, for our extensive supply of upholstery products, instructional information and videos, and much more.

Weather Check

Started by Virgs Sew n Sew, October 26, 2014, 01:46:55 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Virgs Sew n Sew

We have had THE most beautiful Nebraska October that I ever remember.  Leaves are glorious as they turn their various colors prior to dropping off the trees, temperatures have been fabulous.  But I hear the drum beat of November in the distance. 

Just wondered how the weather/fall foliage is elsewhere.

Virginia

JuneC

Gorgeous October here in SoFla.  Our temps are more like late November.  Today it hit 82.  It'll be in the mid 80's all week with another cold front on the weekend.  Our leaves don't change colors, the license plates do.

June
"Horse sense is the thing a horse has which keeps it from betting on people."

W. C. Fields

Mike

I like having coffe on my front porch in the moring all summer its 80* at 8 am now its been mod 60s
tonight went to dinner top down 75* with the heat on awesome !

kodydog

There cannot be a crisis next week. My schedule is already full.
http://northfloridachair.com/index.html

MinUph

It's been absolutely beautiful here. Mornings are chilly around 60 and once the sun comes up it gets to around 80 or so. Thats why were here is the sunshine state.
Jeans and a long sleeve shirt in the morning and shorts and short sleeves in the afternoon. I do miss the leaves changing though. But not what comes after.
Paul
Minichillo's Upholstery
Website

Mike

shorts t shirt and sandals that my uniform yes cool in the morning but by 10 its ok

Virgs Sew n Sew

I love watching the snow fall; just not having to get out and drive in it.  Last year on the crappy days, I just stayed home so it was a great winter.

I've been wearing shorts, t-shirts or short sleeved shirts with ankle length sweat socks and sneakers since the last of March with the exception of maybe 3 cold days in between.  I am not looking forward to wearing pants and long sleeved shirts or sweaters during the winter months.  Love looking at the snow and hate the cold that comes with it.

I am glad that everyone else seems to be having a fabulous October as well.  I will hate to see it go.  I'm not sure why it has been so glorious this year.  Maybe because we got adequate rain all year so the leaves were able to do their changing thing.  I'm not sure there is anything more beautiful than watching the trees change color.

Virginia

Mike

Quote from: MinUph on October 26, 2014, 07:22:30 pm
I do miss the leaves changing though. But not what comes after.
here is the only way I could tolerate winter it just made cr@q time waiting for snow

this was about 60 poinds and 14 years ago

gene

Awesome weather here in SW Ohio. Upper 70's this week during the days. Low in the upper 40's at night.

gene

QUALITY DOES NOT COST, IT PAYS!

Darren Henry

October here on the Canadian prairies has been awesome!!! After the cold wet summer we had (we flooded in July) I think we really appreciated it. Up until Saturday it was high teens and a couple of 20's *C---high 50's/low 60's I think. It's cooled off now. We're just above freezing during the day/chance of frost at night this week.

Our leaves are about done now but were very vibrant this year. I took some pics on my cell phone on our trip back to Kenora for thanksgiving (Oct. 13 up here) that I've been meaning to post along with some from my camping trip a couple of weeks ago. Just before you enter Ontario the prairie gives way to boreal forest and it was a hot sunny day---beautiful ride.I wish I had used my camera as the phone didn't really capture the colours very well.
Life is a short one way trip, don't blow it!Live hard,die young and leave no ill regrets!

sofadoc

Can we all agree that October is the best month of the year?

Worst month? Around here, AUGUST!! The heat absolutely drains the life force right out of me.

They could take August off the calendar, and I wouldn't miss it one bit!   
"Perfection is the greatest enemy of profitability" - Mark Cuban

Virgs Sew n Sew

Quote from: sofadoc on October 28, 2014, 06:15:21 am
Can we all agree that October is the best month of the year?

Worst month? Around here, AUGUST!! The heat absolutely drains the life force right out of me.

They could take August off the calendar, and I wouldn't miss it one bit!   

Generally, I would agree that August is a lousy month.  We had a couple of days (I was working in the garage) that drained everything out of me but overall, August was not that bad.  We had at least a week without running the a/c, plenty of rain, didn't have to run the undergrounds every day.  This year was not bad.  I just kept thinking to myself that the next week we would see the heat but never really did like I expected.  Still we could do away with August.  This was just not a typical August our way.

Virginia