Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
  • Welcome to The Upholster.com Forum. Please login or sign up.

May 07, 2024, 02:56:18 am

News:

Welcome to our new upholstery forum with an updated theme and improved functionality. We welcome your comments and questions to our forum! Visit our main website, Upholster.com, for our extensive supply of upholstery products, instructional information and videos, and much more.

Ronco feathers

Started by gene, December 09, 2017, 05:29:04 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

gene

December 09, 2017, 05:29:04 pm Last Edit: December 09, 2017, 05:30:45 pm by gene
I couldn't find my original topic.

I asked about making a down/foam cushion insert and you folks recommended Ronco in California. I bought a down envelope for a single sofa cushion. It came two weeks ago and I finally got around to unpacking it, cutting the foam, and putting it all together. The customer picked it up today.

I was very happy with the down envelope. It had a nice loft to it and was sewn very well. Their prices were OK also. I'm going to start telling my customers about this option.

Thanks again,

gene
QUALITY DOES NOT COST, IT PAYS!

kodydog

SofaDoc told me about Ronco and we have used them 1/2 doz. times. The folks there are very friendly, they have always been able to answer all of our questions and yes their product is quality. Most of all it saves me a lot of figuring and no messy workroom.
There cannot be a crisis next week. My schedule is already full.
http://northfloridachair.com/index.html

SteveA

Last week I phoned the local supplier in the Bronx called Grammercy - in business about 50 years.  The phone rang through to Albany Foam.  Grammercy closed and Albany bought out all the stock + phone number.  Albany was very nice and stated they can set up an account for me and ship whatever I need.  I will miss walking around the Grammercy warehouse and picking out supplies instead of thumbing through a catalog. 
Albany will also make custom cushions - I know I've read some here have used them as well.  There's another company called B+M in CT.  who will deliver to my area - also good people with good prices. 

What other suppliers are around ?  Someone mentioned to me Greentex in NYC or DLT on line - .  I have to do some research to have a few new places to call
SA

sofadoc

I also buy my Dacron from Ronco. Their high loft is the best I've found. It doesn't have that Brillo pad feel like so many other suppliers.

The trick is to order on Monday so it doesn't stay shrunk during shipping over a weekend. It takes 3 days to arrive. I cut it open as soon as it comes in, and it recovers fully.
"Perfection is the greatest enemy of profitability" - Mark Cuban

gene

I'm glad to hear Albany Foam is still around. I have used them in the past for down envelopes and this time I could not get through on the phone so I thought they may had gone out of business. Their stuff was always excellent.

gene
QUALITY DOES NOT COST, IT PAYS!