Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
  • Welcome to The Upholster.com Forum. Please login or sign up.

May 19, 2024, 08:24:16 am

News:

Welcome to our new upholstery forum with an updated theme and improved functionality. We welcome your comments and questions to our forum! Visit our main website, Upholster.com, for our extensive supply of upholstery products, instructional information and videos, and much more.

Question about a Singer 211G151

Started by Jim101, August 30, 2010, 08:21:24 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Jim101

We picked up a Singer 211G151 today for a great price and and its a really sweet machine.  It even has the auto oil feature.  It sews like a dream and I couldn't ask for a better machine but here's my question:

I've read the specs online about the machine at various internet websites and some of them refer to the machine as a "Walking foot"  and others say it isn't.

To make things even more confusing there are a variety of presser feet available for the machine.  Some of the presser feet would suggest the presser foot bars are interchangeable.  Is this a feature of the Singer 211G151?

Anyone who may have had experience with this model of machine I sure would appreciate any input you have. 

Thanks in advance!

Jim

Gregg @ Keystone Sewing

I just did a bit of homework on this model (there are many, many 211 suclass machines).

Your machine is made in Germany, (211G151) and is a needle feed, not a walking foot.

Machine IS suitable for canvas work, and canvas materials and threads, but will not handle certain materials as well as a walking foot would in some instances.

As for presser feet, a needle fee machine takes different feet than a walking foot.  What kind of feet are you looking for?

Jim101

I've been thinking about getting a roller foot.

Do you have anything that would fit the 211?

Gregg @ Keystone Sewing

Quote from: Jim101 on September 01, 2010, 07:24:32 pm
I've been thinking about getting a roller foot.

Do you have anything that would fit the 211?

Yes, not inexpesive;

http://www.keysew.com/Demo_images/Nylon-Roller-Feet.jpg