Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
  • Welcome to The Upholster.com Forum. Please login or sign up.

May 12, 2024, 06:12:19 pm

News:

Welcome to our new upholstery forum with an updated theme and improved functionality. We welcome your comments and questions to our forum! Visit our main website, Upholster.com, for our extensive supply of upholstery products, instructional information and videos, and much more.

Pulled the Trigger

Started by Mojo, June 10, 2017, 09:30:26 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Mojo

I mentioned last year that I was considering buying one of these machines. I pulled the trigger and called Bob Kovar at Toledo Sewing Machine and ordered one of these. It should be here in a week or so.

We are getting ready to launch a new awning fabric replacement product and will need this machine for that work. Am I scared ? Yes. I know walking foot machines inside and out and can do all of my own repairs. But these dang machines scare me. It will be a new learning experience for me.

Bobby, ( Bob's son ) is setting it up for us. Thankfully my wife has years of experience with sergers. It will be my first go with one.

Here is the machine we ordered - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g8rE0LcTN48

Chris

SteveA

Nothing better than spending the wives money - I don't think you'll be allowed to use it without supervision - best of luck - certainty a top of the line machine from the house machine supplier !
SA

MinUph

I remember using one in Cocoa it was easy. I didn't have to set it up just use it. Loved the way it did it's thing. serge, trim done.
Paul
Minichillo's Upholstery
Website

kodydog

Nice machine Chris. I'm sure you will enjoy your new venture. Forever moving forward.
There cannot be a crisis next week. My schedule is already full.
http://northfloridachair.com/index.html

65Buick

crikey. what a beast. Got a little home one here but it doesn't compare to that.
I find serging to be comforting.

Darren Henry

Good on 'ya Chris. Looks like a great machine. Buy the light while you're at it. Trust me (wink).
Life is a short one way trip, don't blow it!Live hard,die young and leave no ill regrets!

Mojo

I have a spare servo motor but didn't know that a serger takes a special motor that can reverse. I keep a spare motor and table ready to go in case a motor goes down. I cannot halt production while a new one gets shipped in.

This serger scares me from the fact that I do not know the mechanics of one. I am so used to fixing walking foot machines and twins that I know all the parts by heart, how to change them and how to time and adjust them. I have never had a service person in the shop ever. Strange that since our former manager left not one of our machines has gone down. I never realized an employee can be hard on a machine.

It will be a long learning curve with this serger. I need 5 orders to pay for it and then the wife will be happy. She watches our costs like a hawk and fought me on the purchase but I am grateful for being such a money watcher because we remain debt free. I just wished she would pay me what I am worth. A paycheck would be nice. This is what happens when your wife owns the company. :)

Chris