Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
  • Welcome to The Upholster.com Forum. Please login or sign up.

May 16, 2024, 07:09:46 am

News:

Welcome to our new upholstery forum with an updated theme and improved functionality. We welcome your comments and questions to our forum! Visit our main website, Upholster.com, for our extensive supply of upholstery products, instructional information and videos, and much more.

Pain in the

Started by SteveA, August 13, 2014, 06:09:00 am

Previous topic - Next topic

SteveA

I priced this repair at $ 125.00 - it wasn't until I opened up the fabric did I realize how torn up the wood work was.  No chance to repair - had to replace the end sections.  A lot of work for small fee.  Kept my original price - customer ahead of me this time.

sofadoc

I've been in this business ever since I was a kid working for my grandparents.

My grandmother would've said about a job like that one, "Oh well.......we'll make it up on the next job".

To my recollection, she said that on every job. That infamous "next job" never came.
"Perfection is the greatest enemy of profitability" - Mark Cuban

Mojo

I nearly made the same mistake yesterday. I was ready to give a quote but double checked on what kind of topper assembly he had. Whew..... He had the one that required twice the fabric and twice the sewing.

If I wouldn't have checked I would have been upside down on that deal. I am to the point after years of experience when someone asks for  quote and gives me their coach brand and model I know exactly what they have along with the measurements they should be obtaining.

This one was a goofy/older model that I have done numerous times. Thankfully I listened to my gut. But I have buried myself before when I was doing other upholstery work other then canvas. It happens and we can all bet it will happen again. :)

Bet you wont make that mistake again Steve. I call them learning experiences. :)

Chris