Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
  • Welcome to The Upholster.com Forum. Please login or sign up.

May 06, 2024, 09:50:35 am

News:

Welcome to our new upholstery forum with an updated theme and improved functionality. We welcome your comments and questions to our forum! Visit our main website, Upholster.com, for our extensive supply of upholstery products, instructional information and videos, and much more.

Turkish chair upholstery

Started by WOLFCRX, February 07, 2012, 10:15:40 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

WOLFCRX

This is the first Turkish chair I have done, I had seen 3 done when I was a teenager and had a firm grasp how to upholster them correctly. The customer had me do the chair in part because I was the only shop they went to that knew what it was.

Before:

After:

There was about 30-35 hours of hand sewing and tufting involved in this chair.

Here are all the pictures of this chair, sorry for the poor picture quality but I was using my cell phone.
http://s216.photobucket.com/albums/cc49/wolfcrx/Furniture%20I%20upholstered/Turkish%20chair/#!cpZZ1QQtppZZ16

Doug

fingers

First rate Doug. How many needles did you go through?

WOLFCRX

I'm sure I lost quite a few that held it all in place while I was sewing it but I did not break any curved needles I was using, I used about 4 different sizes and I'm sure a couple have gotten dull due to this chair. :D

Doug

alge

Really sweet job Doug, we have a style of metal frame that requires a similar hand stitched approach in Britain. Very difficult and time consuming, I dont think i could have matched you on time.

alex

bobbin

I am in awe.  I have one similar in my "library".  It was given to me by someone who knew I loved cool furniture.  I've looked at it longingly for years now, but know I must first "cut my teeth" on more basic projects. 

When I finally screw up the courage to "have at it" I certainly hope you will be there to offer your manifest skill. 

Beautiful work. 

mike802

Great looking work Doug, my fingers get sore just looking at all those buttons LOL
"Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power" - Abraham Lincoln
http://www.mjamsdenfurniture.com