Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
  • Welcome to The Upholster.com Forum. Please login or sign up.

May 21, 2024, 07:26:35 pm

News:

Welcome to our new upholstery forum with an updated theme and improved functionality. We welcome your comments and questions to our forum! Visit our main website, Upholster.com, for our extensive supply of upholstery products, instructional information and videos, and much more.

Somebody lose something??

Started by byhammerandhand, May 30, 2014, 02:53:14 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

byhammerandhand

May 30, 2014, 02:53:14 pm Last Edit: May 31, 2014, 03:53:20 pm by byhammerandhand
Listening to the local traffic report.   "Sofa in the center lane of I-71 northbound.  Traffic backed up to..."

I can see the owner now, "Hey, where'd my sofa go?"
Keith

"Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work." Thomas A. Edison

Darren Henry

ROFL!!!!

My parents actually out did that, I think. They lost a 15 foot boat/motor/trailer. I'm an orphan now --- so I guess it's okay to tell stories,LOL.

We had a cabin on a small lake about an hour from home. Mom and Dad went up to "close camp" but my sister and I had work/dates/???? and didn't go. It turned out to be an awesome weekend, bit of Indian summer so "well we might as well BBQ these two steaks---might as well just finish off this bit of rum---no point taking 4 beer home---hey there are no kids around wink wink " had them coming home in the dark. Dad drives by the house and starts to back the boat into it's winter storeage spot---can't see it in the mirrors.????. Gets out to "plug the lights back in". Not so easy 'cause there was nothing tied to the back of the van. I should mention that his property butted up to the local RCMP barracks in our town or 1000 people. My father was a very smart man---they went looking in the morning after they had checked the local news.

Somebody was watching over them: The boat went to the right ---not into oncoming traffic,when it decided it was tired of pushing that van it was on a straight stretch with gentle ditches and no fences. it was parked in a farmer's field like it was up for sale in the morning. 
Life is a short one way trip, don't blow it!Live hard,die young and leave no ill regrets!

kodydog

I always wonder when I see a cushion laying by the side of the road. Somebody got to their destination with one less cushion. That would suck.
There cannot be a crisis next week. My schedule is already full.
http://northfloridachair.com/index.html

byhammerandhand

The most common thing I see is a mattress or box spring on the side of the expressway.

I was a bit nervous this morning as I was following a "red neck moving van" (i.e., rusty pickup full of furniture with a few tie downs.   Last summer I was following one when a storm door comes flying off, up about 10' in the air, and lands about 20' in front of me (the next lane over to the left).   Glass and aluminum everywhere.  Just glad it hit my bumper instead of my windshield.   Driver never even noticed.
Keith

"Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work." Thomas A. Edison

sofadoc

Quote from: kodydog on May 31, 2014, 10:16:46 am
I always wonder when I see a cushion laying by the side of the road. Somebody got to their destination with one less cushion. That would suck.
At least once a week, a customer calls or comes in saying "We lost a cushion during a move. Can you make an identical one?"

Or: "We got a great  deal on a used sofa at a garage sale........only it's missing ONE cushion".

Of course, the replacement cushion that I make won't be a perfect match (often, not even close).

And by the time they pay me for the replacement, the "great deal" isn't so great after all.

So where do all those "rogue" cushions end up? I dunno.....probably Detroit.
"Perfection is the greatest enemy of profitability" - Mark Cuban