Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
  • Welcome to The Upholster.com Forum. Please login or sign up.

May 05, 2024, 02:41:05 pm

News:

Welcome to our new upholstery forum with an updated theme and improved functionality. We welcome your comments and questions to our forum! Visit our main website, Upholster.com, for our extensive supply of upholstery products, instructional information and videos, and much more.

My Beginner Chair Choices.....

Started by passelofkids, February 22, 2015, 11:03:52 am

Previous topic - Next topic

passelofkids

I have 3 chairs I can choose from as a first project and I would like everyone's opinion on which one I should try to upholster first.
1) I bought this chair at a garage sale, it was $45 and I haggled him down to $18! I love this one.

2) I bought this one as a garage sale for $3 and am thinking I might redo this in purple velvet.

3) This was my Mom's antique rocker that she gave to me.

Vicki

sofadoc

All  of those styles are great for a beginner. The gold one will require having buttons made and learning tufting techniques. But other than that, they are all about the same degree of difficulty.

I'd say start with mom's rocker. Then do the white accent chair. By then, maybe you've picked up a few tricks, and you'll be ready for the tufted one. Or you could eliminate the tufts and make the inside back plain.
"Perfection is the greatest enemy of profitability" - Mark Cuban

passelofkids

Thank you, I think thats a good idea to start with the rocker. I havent decided on a fabric for this one yet but I did, finally, find the shop that has the best variety of patterns.
Vicki