Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
  • Welcome to The Upholster.com Forum. Please login or sign up.

May 21, 2024, 06:41:55 pm

News:

Welcome to our new upholstery forum with an updated theme and improved functionality. We welcome your comments and questions to our forum! Visit our main website, Upholster.com, for our extensive supply of upholstery products, instructional information and videos, and much more.

I Am Back

Started by Mojo, October 24, 2010, 08:52:12 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Mojo

Wow what a whirlwind tour that was. I am so very glad to be home again.

Spent a week in Richmond working on my daughter & son in laws house. Then on to Lynchburg, VA where my son lives. Spent several days there. Then headed to our home in Bristol, TN. I got the vinyl siding installed on the house and the work list completed for this trip.

Unfortunately, the trip was not without problems. My bus took a power surge and fried over $ 3,000 worth of equipment. It got the inverter system, fridge, microwave, both front and back TV's, DVD player and fried the GFI circuit. I still do not know if it got other circuit boards in other systems. How the surge made it through the surge suppressor I do not know. This week will be spent arguing with the insurance company trying to get them to cover the damage. I hate to think what labor costs will be. Probably another grand or more.

I plan on taking this week and resting. The trip wore my sorry old butt out. Next week I will get busy advertising and kick off the hopefully busy winter months ahead. I am hoping for a good winter in this business.

I am very sorry to see my buddy and fellow Floridian Mike had a stroke. As the survivor of numerous strokes I can attest to the fact of how difficult they can be emotionally. Trying to get used to the new you is hard and frustrating. I will surely be in touch with him and probably head down this winter to spend a couple days with him and John. It is difficult to accept something like this happening to good people and Mike is one awesome person. I will be in touch soon Mike. Hang in there, think positive and keep moving forward.

I am glad to see no other bad news here from the gang. Obviously you are all busy and living life. Great to see. My best to you all and glad to be back here with my upholstery family. I missed all of you.

Chris ( Mojo )

SHHR

Was it hit by lightning? I've seen surge protectors fail the majority of the time on lightning strikes. The lightning travels faster than the surge protector can shut down effectively and plus it's so intense it can jump across the points in one even if they're open. Also does the surge protector carry it's own insurance? Our local power company was selling them a few years ago and they carried a $5000.00 insurance on them in the event of failure.

Glad the rest of the trip went well though.
Kyle

stitcher_guy

Now, ya see, Chris. If you had a slide in camper shell in a 78 Ford F150 Ranger with three speed on the tree, you probably wouldn't have anything fried right now. The propane stove and the camp stools don't have any circuit boards to cook. LOL.

Hopefully that is all that was wrong with the RV. I had a Newmar Dutch Star in here a couple weeks ago to recover their front seats. I had him on the phone directing me around to the outside to figure out where the fuse box was when I blew the seat's power circuit.

JuneC

Good to have you back :)  You know, Chris, today you saved my bacon.  On the drive to the shop I got a phone call from a lady who had her RV awning blown out by high winds this past weekend and she was looking for a repair.  Now if you hadn't shared your experiences with those things, I'd quite likely have agreed to repair it at some give-away price (after all, how hard could it be????) and have been up the proverbial crick without a paddle.  Once again the forum comes through...   I recommended she call someone else.

June
"Horse sense is the thing a horse has which keeps it from betting on people."

W. C. Fields

Darren Henry

Hey Chris welcome back. We've missed you. Nasty business with the RV . Hope the insurance company comes across before you have to get all USMC up side their head.
At the risk of sounding like the guy who asked "other than that, how did you enjoy the play Mrs Lincoln?" Was the rest of trip a success?
Life is a short one way trip, don't blow it!Live hard,die young and leave no ill regrets!

Mike8560

Quote from: Darren Henry on October 26, 2010, 05:37:28 pm
Was the rest of trip a success?

thats the real question everything else go ok?
glad your home safe chris

regalman190

Welcome back Chris. Too bad about the RV. Hopefully the insurance guys won't give you too much trouble.
Regal Canvas

BigJohn

You know Chris it just isn't the same around here without you and your Friday Funnies. I hope you brought good health back with you!

Big John

sawdustar

You mean you wuz gone??  :P  ;D
Thanks a Bunch,
Dennis Peacock