Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
  • Welcome to The Upholster.com Forum. Please login or sign up.

May 21, 2024, 02:57:40 am

News:

Welcome to our new upholstery forum with an updated theme and improved functionality. We welcome your comments and questions to our forum! Visit our main website, Upholster.com, for our extensive supply of upholstery products, instructional information and videos, and much more.

Is It Me ???

Started by Mojo, October 17, 2011, 05:17:13 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Mojo

Just wondering if ya'll have the same thing on your computers when you access this site.

It appears that all the posts are gone from the last week and we are back to October 11th. Everything past that date doesn't seem to be here.

Just wondering if it is my computer.

Chris

KenB

Sorry
The forum had to be reset back before the virus. Please re-post.
Ken
"The more you depend upon conditions outside yourself for happiness, the less happiness you will experience" -Yogananda

gene

October 17, 2011, 05:39:34 am #2 Last Edit: October 17, 2011, 05:40:41 am by gene
I thought today was Oct. 11??? Glad you said something Chris.

Thanks for all your work on this forum, Ken. It is much appreciated.

I remember posting something last week about women using hog rings for nipple piercings. I can't remember what that post was about. The way some of us get off topic that post was probably about the best density foam to use for seat cushions.

gene

QUALITY DOES NOT COST, IT PAYS!

Mojo

Thanks Ken. Very sorry you have to go through these headaches with these spammers and hackers. Your hard work is very much appreciated by all of us.

If you have any further problems, drop Lindy an e-mail. I am sure he will help you out.

Chris

Grebo

Yes we do appreciate you Ken  :-*
Nipple piercing  ??? , makes me wince.

Suzi

Mike8560

Just wanted to thank you for your work here also Ken we don't see you much unless there a problem though

alge

Sorry ken, im not convinced the problem is fixed.

Today I called up the forum to pass on the address to a freind with an embroidery machine fault, and my work p.c lit up like a christmas tree with infection warnings cascading down the screen and I was frozen out of my desktop which has been replaced by another false one layered infront of it. The department I.T. boys were not amused and have banned me from using this site from any of the university terminals.

I will only access from my phone and macbook from now on. :-(

SteveMoke

Same problem when I logged in first time, AV cleaned it then I had to re-boot but no problem on second log in.

gene

I did not get a trojan warning this morning when I logged in. I did get one this evening when I first logged it. Same as it was.

gene
QUALITY DOES NOT COST, IT PAYS!

JuneC

Same here, Gene.  No problem this morning, but a blocked trojan tonight.  I have to wonder if one of us has something on our computer that is re-infecting this site when we log in.  By now, I suspect that just about all of us have run our virus scanner(s).

June
"Horse sense is the thing a horse has which keeps it from betting on people."

W. C. Fields

MinUph

Quote from: JuneC on October 17, 2011, 05:57:38 pm
I have to wonder if one of us has something on our computer that is re-infecting this site when we log in.  By now, I suspect that just about all of us have run our virus scanner(s).

June

Lets hope so June,
  Mine cleans upon infection. I get a notice that it has been successfully cleaned. I know many people don't run AV software. This might well be the case here. But it is doubtful the Service that the forums run on doesn't have something in place for this particular infection now.
Paul
Minichillo's Upholstery
Website

JuneC

We're not the only ones.  There's been a rash of forum infections...  Fair warning - their language is much harsher than we typically use on our site.  They did, however, find the bugger as listed on page 8 of the thread.

http://forums.sarcasticgamer.com/showthread.php?t=36795&page=1

June
"Horse sense is the thing a horse has which keeps it from betting on people."

W. C. Fields

BigJohn

9:20 PM central time Monday nite and my Norton is still blocking an attack!

Mike8560

Quote from: JuneC on October 17, 2011, 05:57:38 pm
Same here, Gene.  No problem this morning, but a blocked trojan tonight.  I have to wonder if one of us has something on our computer that is re-infecting this site when we log in.  By now, I suspect that just about all of us have run our virus scanner(s).

June

latly I've only  log on on my I phone
being an applemproduct I've alway heard thet apple
is not susseptable to viruses as a pc
anyone know   Can a I phone be affected ? And  Cannor should
a av be installed on one ? 

KenB

I've left a message for the tech again. He said it might take a couple of days for our URL to get off a virus master list. He said there was some vulnerable code from an old version of this board (that could be 8-10 years ago even) that was carried over from the old host.
Hopefully he'll check the board again.
Ken

ps thanks June
I'm glad you all enjoy the board and bsing with each other.
"The more you depend upon conditions outside yourself for happiness, the less happiness you will experience" -Yogananda