Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
  • Welcome to The Upholster.com Forum. Please login or sign up.

May 14, 2024, 07:10:01 am

News:

Welcome to our new upholstery forum with an updated theme and improved functionality. We welcome your comments and questions to our forum! Visit our main website, Upholster.com, for our extensive supply of upholstery products, instructional information and videos, and much more.

my wobbly Consew 206RB-2

Started by robinpa, September 14, 2010, 06:17:04 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

robinpa

September 14, 2010, 06:17:04 pm Last Edit: September 14, 2010, 06:38:09 pm by robinpa
I've discovered the source of the wobble or maybe I ought to say vibration that's been present while using my refurbished Consew 206RB-2.   Forgive my use/misuse of terms.  The rod that sticks out of the  motor, shaft i guess, is bent and causing the pulley to spin in i guess what would best be described as an elliptical fashion.  Annoying as all get out.  Can that be replaced?  The motor is VERY VERY loud.  I'd like a servo anyway.  Convince based on my reading the I want the one from Gregg at Keystone.  Just a matter of finances at this point.  Though repairing what I have is the preferable option at this point.

Thanks,

Rob

Gregg @ Keystone Sewing

Well, if your motor is original with machine, I'll assume the motor is about 20 to 25 years old, and well used.  Cost of repairs would be the cost of a new motor, and it would still be a 25 year old motor.  Best to start new. 

Going back into history, when there were quality Singer and Amco motors on the market, rebuilding was a sound option, and commonly done.  In fact, my Dad started out in the industry, more than 40 years ago, rebuilding motors for about a year, old Singer 68 and 69 class.  Today, it's the equivalent of repairing a clock radio.  Sure you can do it, but it's just not worth it.