Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
  • Welcome to The Upholster.com Forum. Please login or sign up.

May 14, 2024, 02:51:43 am

News:

Welcome to our new upholstery forum with an updated theme and improved functionality. We welcome your comments and questions to our forum! Visit our main website, Upholster.com, for our extensive supply of upholstery products, instructional information and videos, and much more.

Double sided tape

Started by brankin, September 08, 2012, 02:44:03 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Mike

Not a seam tape but i ran out of 2" velcro last week and ran to joanns to get a little sll i could get was a stick on just needed see on.  But boy did this stuff stick to the sunbrella or my fingers or whatever it touched. Boy was it super  stickey.

Mojo

I used that stick on velcro before. I believe June has as well. Both of us had the same result. The Florida sun melted the glue and it ran all over the place. I quit using it and ordered sew on velcro which is what I use on solar screens.

Chris

brankin

Quote from: Mojo on September 11, 2012, 06:42:18 am
I bought some two sided tape for a project I got in from Walmart. I believe it was made either by Scotch or 3M.

That stuff sticks................big time. I loved it but it is expensive to buy. It is also thicker then the seam tape. I used it on Tuffstuff fabric. When you put the tape down you better make sure you have it where you want it. :)

I use the standard seam tape on acrylics all the time. I typically will lay the work out, apply the seam tape and then I roll over the top of the seam with a small wallpaper roller I picked up at Lowes for $ 1.50. This helps alot but it wont hold it in place like the two sided tape I got at Wally's. That stuff is awesome.

In regards to the glue sticking to the needle I typically will spray the needle with silicone before doing each seam run. It doesn't completely stop the glue from sticking to the needle but helps a great deal from getting a big build up.

Chris

I went to walmart and could only find "Peel n Stick"
http://www.thermowebonline.com/dyn_prod.php?p=3346&k=567976
and it works great on sunbrella.  Only problem is it is 5/8" x 20'   wrong width and too short for commercial work

brankin

OMG this stuff is a mess.   I need to stick with the stapler :D

wizzard

We are getting our double sided tape from our wall upholstery supply place called Wallmate
It comes in several widths, is not that heavy but has very good adhesion qualities.

Mojo

Brankin:

I found that once you peel back one side and attache it to the fabric, you better make damn sure it is where you want it. I used it on Tuffstuff and OMG did that stuff stick. :)

Chris

mroy559

I've truly used plenty of Super Seam Keep double sided tape in my sail restore business, but I've truly not observed anything that'll stick effectively to Sunbrella or Weathermax, so I am just hoping an individual has the answer.

regalman190

I use super stick seam tape from Trivantage. But like the others posting here, it does not hold tight on Sunbrella, especially perpendicular to the weave. It''s pretty good, but it will unstick.
Regal Canvas