Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
  • Welcome to The Upholster.com Forum. Please login or sign up.

May 09, 2024, 03:31:10 pm

News:

Welcome to our new upholstery forum with an updated theme and improved functionality. We welcome your comments and questions to our forum! Visit our main website, Upholster.com, for our extensive supply of upholstery products, instructional information and videos, and much more.

U-Zipper

Started by regalman190, March 20, 2013, 12:02:38 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

regalman190

Typically when making a window with a U-Zipper,  I use #10 coil with 3/4" bias binding on either side on the outside.

But, if you use the #5 coil, how do you treat the outside of the window. Obviously, the 3/4" bias binding would be too wide.
Regal Canvas

Mike

I never use 5. Ive seen. Cheap work with just the zipper.
Why#5 ?

regalman190

March 21, 2013, 03:32:21 am #2 Last Edit: March 21, 2013, 03:36:38 am by regalman190
I don't like to use #5 either Mike.
I was just wondering because I've seen it done without binding on the outside and I don't like how it looks.
I could see where#5 would be handy if you have a tight radius to work with, so I thought I would see if someone might have some ideas.
Regal Canvas

jsquail

i only use #10 for smilies. #5 seems to small in my opinion.
Gloucester Canvas
www.gloucestercanvas.com
I can be found on Facebook and Google+ as Gloucester Canvas

scarab29

Funny you guys mention this , I just did replacement windows on a enclosure that was made by a company that everyone touts as the best in the area here. #5 smiley zips on the ones I replaced, short pull tabs making it harder to open. New stuff I did used #10 coil and long tab sliders. The first thing the customer said was he was happy he could now see out of the window , they were shot. The 2nd thing he said was how he liked how "heavy duty" the smiley zippers were.
duct tape is like the force . it has a light side , a dark side , and holds the universe together.