Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
  • Welcome to The Upholster.com Forum. Please login or sign up.

May 21, 2024, 12:42:48 pm

News:

Welcome to our new upholstery forum with an updated theme and improved functionality. We welcome your comments and questions to our forum! Visit our main website, Upholster.com, for our extensive supply of upholstery products, instructional information and videos, and much more.

How do you make more revenue on repairs

Started by kodydog, January 16, 2012, 07:13:37 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Ihavenoname

Although I have not read everyone's comments so I may be repeating here, but what I do is more of an attitude then a price.

For me, my price is my price for a reason.

Simply, "If you can't afford it. You can't have one."

Sorry, But not sorry, they can cry, complain, buy new, though it in the trash, smash it with a hammer, live with it, or pay me what I ask. I don't care. I can't afford to. Really.

They call and ask how much, I ask what needs fixing and how far they are from my shop. I then  guess on time in travel and repair plus supplies and give them a guess on price. They can take or ... not.  I don't care. I have work on my bench, and I'd rather stay here and make money then chase for less then I am making now. No way.

I'm not about to lower my prices just because they bought a $300 sofa from Ashly Furniture. Maybe that is why it is falling apart to begin with. Maybe the secret to a $300 sofa is ..... (in a whispered voice)  it's a $300 sofa?

Anyway, I charge what I charge for a reason, and they can afford what they can afford for a reason.
It's not my fault and not my problem.

If they don't want to pay it, then I don't have to do it. Right?

If they find some one willing to do it at their price fine. As long as it's not me I don't care.

Odd as it seems, or seams, for some reason, I spend much less time trying to convince someone of anything and yet get more work. Funny isn't it? Attitude!

My attitude is, if you don't want it, fine. Someone today or tomorrow will, and I'm fine with that. OK???

Take or leave it. Either way, I don't care as long as I'm happy with my price, and yes, I do quality work and guarantee my work. That also adds to why I charge what I charge.

In short, I will not lower my price to make every one happy. Which will make me unhappy.  Besides if I lower my price to one or all will that not stop the people who are looking for quality when price is their main way of deciding what is quality?

Well he is only charging $100. Why? Maybe he is not that good.

He's charging $300 he much be good.

Hope this helps. I know it's changed my business for the better over the past year or so.

It takes courage but it's worth it. It has to do more with what you think your time and value is then anything else.