Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
  • Welcome to The Upholster.com Forum. Please login or sign up.

May 14, 2024, 09:02:22 pm

News:

Welcome to our new upholstery forum with an updated theme and improved functionality. We welcome your comments and questions to our forum! Visit our main website, Upholster.com, for our extensive supply of upholstery products, instructional information and videos, and much more.

Sewing machine ID.

Started by Grebo, February 21, 2011, 09:12:23 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Grebo

February 21, 2011, 09:12:23 am Last Edit: February 21, 2011, 09:21:38 am by Grebo
Ok this a very long shot  ;D
But I was walking around our local nick it & bring it (car boot sale) & I almost fell over. :o
There was a Juki industrial sewing machine in a table with motor etc.. It was very tall compared to my pfaff 545 and had like a pillar which the foot & needle sat on. The main body was a bronze colour obviously original.
I didn't dare look to close in case I bought it  :-X.  ::) It had €250 scrawled on it in marker pen.
Any idea's what it could be, I didn't take a piccy as I would probably have had the camera nicked.  
There is a lot of shoe manufacturers about so it could have something to do with that trade.....

This is near to Alicante in Spain....

Gregg @ Keystone Sewing

Twas a Chevy, had four wheels, very tall compared to my Ford F-150.

Ideas?   :-\

Sorry, could not help myself at all.  As you can see I get a lot of these, and I'm just trying to have some fun.

Sounds like that there Juki may have been a post bed.

If you really want to know what it is, what it does, and what it's for, let me have the model number off that Juki!

fragged8

Grebo

Yeh I know Gregg, we get it all the time as well  :P

Well done Rich, yes but the 'pillar' was rounded at the top 'smooth' !

:o   oh dear, maybe I should have looked closer  :'(   Twin needle walking foot  :o

JuneC

That machine would have been the cat's meow for topstitching.  I'd just love to have a post bed for those tight corners.  Of course, I want a long-arm too.

June
"Horse sense is the thing a horse has which keeps it from betting on people."

W. C. Fields

Grebo

Oh don't June.. & if it didn't work...........