Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
  • Welcome to The Upholster.com Forum. Please login or sign up.

May 14, 2024, 03:11:14 pm

News:

Welcome to our new upholstery forum with an updated theme and improved functionality. We welcome your comments and questions to our forum! Visit our main website, Upholster.com, for our extensive supply of upholstery products, instructional information and videos, and much more.

Juki LU-563 for sale in Maine

Started by Tejas, September 11, 2011, 01:25:41 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Tejas

Dave

Juki 1508; Bernina 217 with CAM Reader

Mojo

I am sure the price will catch on fire in the last few minutes of the auction. My bet is it goes for well over
$ 400 or 500 since it has 18 bidders with 2 days left.

They are great machines and that one looks very clean.

I watched a " USED " commercial bobbin winder two weeks ago catch fire at the last minute and some dummies ran the price up and over what a brand new one cost. :)

I rarely bid for anything on E-Slay anymore. I " buy it now " or don't buy it. To many ass hats get caught up in the auction moment and run prices up beyond crazy. This 563 has a lot of attention from bidders so it is going to probably go nuts at the last minute. :)

Then again it may die and the price stay low.

Chris

Tejas

I've seen the same as Mojo mentions. The only reason for posting is that this particular seller seems to be focused on selling locally.
Dave

Juki 1508; Bernina 217 with CAM Reader

sofadoc

The only factor that may keep the bidding down is the "Local pick-up".
To me, if you're only going to sell locally in a less densely populated area, you might as well use Craigslist, or some other local online list.
I've had some good luck using bidnip. It reduces the temptation to "panic bid".
Quote from: Mojo on September 11, 2011, 02:32:45 pm
I watched a " USED " commercial bobbin winder two weeks ago catch fire at the last minute and some dummies ran the price up and over what a brand new one cost. :)

Yeah, there are a lot of knucklehead bidders that drive the prices way out of whack. I bid on the things that I want just in case one slips through the cracks. More often than not, I get over-bid by a buck. But if I kept bidding, I'd be like the idiot that got the bobbin winder.
"Perfection is the greatest enemy of profitability" - Mark Cuban

scottymc

To some people eBay is like a poker machine, it's the frill of the win and then it's "darn" now I have to pay for it, just bid what your willing to pay for it and you can't go wrong, the way I see it everyone's a winner on eBay.

Mojo

Quote from: Tejas on September 11, 2011, 02:42:03 pm
I've seen the same as Mojo mentions. The only reason for posting is that this particular seller seems to be focused on selling locally.

Your very right and since this is local pickup only the price may stay sane enough to snag a deal.

I cannot believe the number of used machines out on the market this year. Seems every area has a machine that someone bought who was going to get into upholstery and then find it is harder then they though and then sell it.

Chris

kodydog

Quote from: sofadoc on September 11, 2011, 02:50:04 pm
Yeah, there are a lot of knucklehead bidders that drive the prices way out of whack. I bid on the things that I want just in case one slips through the cracks. More often than not, I get over-bid by a buck. But if I kept bidding, I'd be like the idiot that got the bobbin winder.

I see the same thing happen at live auctions. They'll bid the price of a antique sofa, with the springs hanging out the bottom, up to $1000 not realizing It'll cost double that to restore it. Those auctioneers love to see frenzy biding.
There cannot be a crisis next week. My schedule is already full.
http://northfloridachair.com/index.html

sofadoc

With 14 hours left, it's up to $300.
"Perfection is the greatest enemy of profitability" - Mark Cuban