Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
  • Welcome to The Upholster.com Forum. Please login or sign up.

May 11, 2024, 02:42:12 am

News:

Welcome to our new upholstery forum with an updated theme and improved functionality. We welcome your comments and questions to our forum! Visit our main website, Upholster.com, for our extensive supply of upholstery products, instructional information and videos, and much more.

If this is "great" condition...

Started by byhammerandhand, November 15, 2014, 03:30:49 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

byhammerandhand

Keith

"Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work." Thomas A. Edison

MinUph

Paul
Minichillo's Upholstery
Website

gene

Keith, wouldn't it be a hoot if you called on this furniture and it turned out that it was the guy behind you with the new fence who was selling it?  :)

We have a guy here in SW OHIO, Dan Grove, who is an expert at repairing leather and vinyl. I think even this job would be a challenge for him.

But hey! "It still sits good." What more can you ask for?

gene
QUALITY DOES NOT COST, IT PAYS!

byhammerandhand

"It's a sheet or slip cover from perfection."   I wonder how many of our customers would think that if they were paying for a slip cover?   All it's missing is a disclaimer, "Some minor pet damage."

Gene is referring to my neurotic backdoor neighbor.  First week he moved in during Sept 2013 he had all the trees in the back property line taken out.   Every week since he's had a landscape crew, roofing crew, carpenters, concrete workers or painters over working on something or another - adding, subtracting, changing, or relocating.   Last week was no exception.  We were gone for the week and saw yet another change.  I think he must be driving contractors crazy because they are often a different company.
Keith

"Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work." Thomas A. Edison

BlueFlamingo

You mean it didn't come from the factory like that???

mike802

It's the new shabby chic, with the distressed look!
"Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power" - Abraham Lincoln
http://www.mjamsdenfurniture.com

Dede

Think of all the money you could make!

http://i.imgur.com/M2DAVLj.jpg
[click on link for larger version]
West Village Studio
www.workroombuttons.com

gene

That furniture would go with any Early Appalachian decor.

gene
QUALITY DOES NOT COST, IT PAYS!

byhammerandhand

November 19, 2014, 08:00:31 pm #8 Last Edit: November 19, 2014, 08:02:28 pm by byhammerandhand
Heck, no, you don't even have to finish it to make it fashionable.

http://www.restorationhardware.com/catalog/category/products.jsp?categoryId=cat2390483

I've worked on some of these.   There are fake tack holes across the back and every once in a while they actually tack in a tuft of fabric to make it look like it was once upholstered.

Keith

Dede

Quote from: gene on November 19, 2014, 05:40:05 pm
That furniture would go with any Early Appalachian decor.

Our home is furnished almost exclusively in Early American Attic, with a few Yard Sale Decor accents.
West Village Studio
www.workroombuttons.com