Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
  • Welcome to The Upholster.com Forum. Please login or sign up.

May 11, 2024, 03:13:05 pm

News:

Welcome to our new upholstery forum with an updated theme and improved functionality. We welcome your comments and questions to our forum! Visit our main website, Upholster.com, for our extensive supply of upholstery products, instructional information and videos, and much more.

Does anyone have 24L snap die for their button machine?

Started by Dede, August 22, 2014, 06:17:55 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Dede

Quote from: JuneC on August 29, 2014, 08:03:39 pm
Kool!  I wonder if any boat owners would like some bling on their canvas?  :D  Truly, most would not, but in Miami, who knows!

Well...  they are rust-proof, so...
West Village Studio
www.workroombuttons.com

MinUph

Dede,
  Just installed 4 of them. On a purse for my wife. The fabric is Upholstery weight 4 layers thick. I did have to melt the hole first with a regulator and place the stud in the hole. There is no holding ring that would work with the on my Press and Snap tool but it all worked out. I have had to do this with other materials at times. As you said a lot of pressure is needed but they went on great.
  I used standard male sides and SS female sides. Not to test anything but I was out of standard female sides.
I also removed the pad after and it came off easily. If I were to do a lot of these I would have to find a better way to hold them in the tool. And probably get a second cap die to devote it to he crystal caps.
  Thanks and I hope this helps. When you are all set let me know what they will be selling for.
Paul
Minichillo's Upholstery
Website

Dede

Paul, that's phenomenal -- thank you so much!  Hope your wife loves the new bling.  Rhinestone caps are on the website but they haven't been moving because there wasn't a good way to set them.  Lots of interest, but very little actual buying, so this is all extremely helpful.  I'm also relieved to know the posts are long enough for multiple layers of upholstery fabric.

I'm going to ask Hoover about the holding ring.  Maybe we can make it taller.

West Village Studio
www.workroombuttons.com

MinUph

Paul
Minichillo's Upholstery
Website

Dede

Quote from: Dede on September 04, 2014, 04:40:48 amI'm going to ask Hoover about the holding ring.  Maybe we can make it taller.

Just sent some samples to Hoover.  They're interested, and have a couple of ideas... *fingers crossed*
West Village Studio
www.workroombuttons.com

MinUph

Paul
Minichillo's Upholstery
Website

Dede

Quote from: Dede on September 05, 2014, 10:05:15 amJust sent some samples to Hoover.  They're interested, and have a couple of ideas... *fingers crossed*

Paul, you will be receiving a couple of packages - one from me, one from Hoover.  The plot thickens...
West Village Studio
www.workroombuttons.com

MinUph

Paul
Minichillo's Upholstery
Website