Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
  • Welcome to The Upholster.com Forum. Please login or sign up.

May 16, 2024, 01:55:51 am

News:

Welcome to our new upholstery forum with an updated theme and improved functionality. We welcome your comments and questions to our forum! Visit our main website, Upholster.com, for our extensive supply of upholstery products, instructional information and videos, and much more.

Internet Sales

Started by baileyuph, October 31, 2011, 05:45:41 am

Previous topic - Next topic

baileyuph

What is the most dramatic or significant change(s) to your business have internet sales introduced or influenced?

1.  I will be first, to a degree customers now seem surprised that a shop will provide materials, products, and items needed for installation.  In a word, they are schooled to think that it has to come from the net, where  they do the purchasing direct. If not from the net, it has been said before, they tend to think they might be paying to much.

Doyle

Ihavenoname

If anything the internet has improved my business.

I have found that yes, there are people who say buy foam from an online foam dealer but then ask me if it is good foam they are selling. I don't know.

They feel good that they bought the foam at a discount, but again they have just raw foam with no labor so, I add dacron and labor cost, So no savings and no warranty from me.

Materials other then foam and fabric don't seem to be a problem.  I don't sell staples or welting or dacron to the public.

For fabric that customers bring me, I tell them "no disclosure." It's there fabric. If there is a problem, I assume they know it and it's not my responsibility to fix or repair or adjust it.  I'll work around it if I can, but it is what it is and I offer no warranty on fabric I do not supply.

That is pretty much it