Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
  • Welcome to The Upholster.com Forum. Please login or sign up.

May 21, 2024, 02:04:25 am

News:

Welcome to our new upholstery forum with an updated theme and improved functionality. We welcome your comments and questions to our forum! Visit our main website, Upholster.com, for our extensive supply of upholstery products, instructional information and videos, and much more.

Industrial Sewing Machine (Pfaff 1245)

Started by lontina, July 18, 2010, 04:27:01 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

lontina

Hey everyone, My name is Lon, and this is my first posting.
I have about 25 years of upholstery experience, but only about one year of sewing experience. I am enjoying the challenge, but I have a ? for someone with more experience.
Is there any way possible to slow down the motor of a Pfaff 1245? I have a heavy foot and I dont do really well going around small radius'.  I can manually turn the wheel, but that means I only have one hand on my material. Can anyone offer advice?

Jim101

I came across this video when I was looking for ways to modify my Pfaff 1245.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Il4vdh1Rd0

I've never actually incorporated any of these to my machine.  I'm still trying to find the time to set up the reverse pedal.  That would be pretty handy.

bobbin

I don't know what size pulley the motor on your Pfaff has right now, but switching to a smaller one will help slow the machine down.  Or, you could switch to a Servo motor which has a speed control feature on it. 

Saddleman

I use a servo and a speed reducer on mine.  Allows stepping through a radius one slow stitch at a time.  ;D

Toledo Mach. Sales

As mentioned a smaller motor pulley will help,but if you really want a machine to go real nice & slow you need to get a DC Servo motor & we have one w/a built-in reducer that works better & is alot easier to mount then getting a DC motor & reducer separately (and lower $$ too)
Bob
We sell New& Used Industrial Sewing Machines,Parts,Needles & Thread.
Toll-Free#1-866-362-7397

funkster

you might try adjusting your treadle linkage - that might help. the more you sew the easier it gets. also you might try using both feet (i have heard you get more control this way)... just some thoughts. lots of folks seem to like servo motors