Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
  • Welcome to The Upholster.com Forum. Please login or sign up.

May 17, 2024, 08:16:32 am

News:

Welcome to our new upholstery forum with an updated theme and improved functionality. We welcome your comments and questions to our forum! Visit our main website, Upholster.com, for our extensive supply of upholstery products, instructional information and videos, and much more.

Golden corrals new upholstery

Started by forsailbyowner, July 15, 2010, 11:20:27 am

Previous topic - Next topic

forsailbyowner

Saw this recently and had to chuckle

bobbin

You have to respect a willingness to use staples and duct tape to get the job done.  But it rather begs the question:  what lurks below the new cover? 

Mike8560

JuneC

"Horse sense is the thing a horse has which keeps it from betting on people."

W. C. Fields

stitcher_guy

Reminds me of our local China Buffet. They got all new booths a couple years ago. The covering felt like ultraleather or some equally supple material. it didn't even make it 5 months and there were tears and pulls and skinned spots. The manager asked me about recovering all the bases. I figured it up, planned an overnight or two to do the work so there'd be no interruption in service. He took the estimate and thanked me.

A few weeks later I was in eating and sitting on "new" seat bases. They'd gotten cheapo hard-handed bottom-barrel vinyl and Christmas wrapped it themselves. Exposed staples, big wrinkles, and just plain ugly. But, they were covered and did ithe job.

sofadoc

Chinese restaurants are notorious for that kind of stuff. Makes you wonder. If they're THAT cheapo on the upholstery, what kind of corners did they cut on the FOOD? Most customers don't even notice the shoddy seats. They're too busy trying to see how high they can pile their plate.
"Perfection is the greatest enemy of profitability" - Mark Cuban

gene

July 15, 2010, 08:11:46 pm #6 Last Edit: July 15, 2010, 08:13:24 pm by gene
We call it the Golden Trough. I ate there a month ago when my niece graduated from college. That is the restaurant that she picked. A lot of food. The main spice is salt. Well, the only spice is salt.

I have pointed out to many people over the years that where ever there is a Chinese restaurant, there will be a vet office or animal hospital within two blocks.
Anyone able to tell me I am wrong?

Gene
QUALITY DOES NOT COST, IT PAYS!

sofadoc

Gene: I cannot dispute your theory about the close proximity of Chinese restaurants to vetrenarians.
As for the "Trough", they're only giving us Americans what we demand (the MOST amount of food for the LEAST amount of money).

SHHR

Quote from: gene on July 15, 2010, 08:11:46 pm

I have pointed out to many people over the years that where ever there is a Chinese restaurant, there will be a vet office or animal hospital within two blocks.
Anyone able to tell me I am wrong?

Gene

We have one about a third of a mile from the animal shelter. And we never have a problem with pet overpopulation, coincedence............???????? :D
Kyle

gene

Sofadoc,

I think it was 2 years ago that Burger King (aka: Burger Barf), came out with a 2,400 calorie sandwich. The news media took the lead on criticizing BK for destroying peoples' lives with such an unhealthy sandwich.

The CEO of BK had a press conference and he said, "We don't sell things that people do not want to buy." If I remember correctly, BK stock went up that same day.

It's not very often that a company tells the news media to stuff it.

Gene
QUALITY DOES NOT COST, IT PAYS!

sofadoc

Gene
Several years ago, a small diner in England was serving a fried sausage sandwich that was determined by the British version of the FDA to be the "World's unhealthiest sandwich". The owner of the diner took note of this, and noticed that many of his regular patrons were developing diabetes, and heart related problems. In fact, many of his regulars had died before their time.
So he limited his regulars to ONE fried sausage sandwich a week.
He looked across the road to Mcdonald's, where his regulars would go on the other six days a week. They would get 2 Big Mac meal deals, which was greater in calorie and fat content than ONE of his sandwiches. 
He decided that if people were going to kill themselves anyway, they might as well do it at HIS diner.
BUT, getting back to booth seats, I'm sure they were fine.

lruthb

And the someone whom took the time to X-mas wrap those booths is actually very proud of their work.  Really they are!

fragged8

do you think they were covered with the hides of dead customers ?  :o