Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
  • Welcome to The Upholster.com Forum. Please login or sign up.

May 14, 2024, 06:50:53 am

News:

Welcome to our new upholstery forum with an updated theme and improved functionality. We welcome your comments and questions to our forum! Visit our main website, Upholster.com, for our extensive supply of upholstery products, instructional information and videos, and much more.

the last day of the year

Started by gene, December 31, 2013, 05:55:47 am

Previous topic - Next topic

gene

December 31, 2013, 05:55:47 am Last Edit: December 31, 2013, 05:58:23 am by gene
This is the last day of the Gregorian Calendar year that I get to go to work.

To echo what Mojo said in a previous post, it has been a banner year for me. I am very grateful for being busy. I know many folks, in all professions, around the country are not.

I made a New Year's resolution many years ago that I would not make any more New Years' resolutions. And I have been very successful in keeping that resolution. So, I won't say that I am going to lose weight this coming year, but I will say that I am thinking about it. And it's not that I'm fat, rather, to quote Olive Oil, "Large!"

I am grateful to this forum. It's a great place to share a sense of camaraderie with people who have the same and similar vocational interests as I do. I still feel that I have gotten way more from this forum than I could ever give back.

Happy New Year to everyone. And to quote the end of one of my favorite poems: "Be safe. Strive to be happy."

gene

QUALITY DOES NOT COST, IT PAYS!

baileyuph

Gene, I share the same appreciation as you and to you thanks for contributing to a good group.

When I grow up, I want a studio too!  Currently all the stuff I work on, I am too messy so best probably to keep me in a garage.  LOL.  No, tearing down some of these older car seats, you would be amazed what I find, dead this and that! 

Have a happy and keep on keeping on....

Doyle

Mike

December 31, 2013, 02:23:23 pm #2 Last Edit: December 31, 2013, 09:19:07 pm by Mike
my dad used to say if you you have work on news years day its going to be a  good year.

ive also had a good year   less downtime though this was the first year I actually cleaned the slate with nothing booked till a few days then the jobs kept coming  again.  ive fgot work to do tomorrow but ones in a storage yard closed and I don't want to intrude on customers privacy on a holiday either so ill stay home

and it continues , finished a job today and contracted one more 

baileyuph

Funny you mentioned working today Mike.  One of my clients has a fleet of trucks supporting their contrating activites called me yesterday and asked if I was working today.  The vibes I got was "he hoped so", so I said yes bring the truck and lets get ahead of the snow coming.  So, I will be working.  I don't mind, truck seats back to original design and such is one of my favorite types of work.  I have done half dozen for this corp. this past month (Dec).

Otherwise, I probably would not be working.

Doyle

Mike

Well doyle im going to finnish up what i can on my last 10
Boxes of tile i got tires of a year ago laying after removi g the old.