Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
  • Welcome to The Upholster.com Forum. Please login or sign up.

May 16, 2024, 09:56:56 am

News:

Welcome to our new upholstery forum with an updated theme and improved functionality. We welcome your comments and questions to our forum! Visit our main website, Upholster.com, for our extensive supply of upholstery products, instructional information and videos, and much more.

Here's something HOT for you!

Started by gene, March 12, 2015, 03:43:41 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

gene

March 12, 2015, 03:43:41 pm Last Edit: March 12, 2015, 03:55:35 pm by gene
This is why I never call anyone a stupid, idiotic, moron who doesn't know their a$$ from a hole in the ground.

I turned my heater on when I got to my shop this morning - a bit chilly. I put the heater in front of my sewing machine.

3 hours later I sat down at my sewing machine to sew the skirt on a Custom Fit Slip Cover for a love seat.

As I was sewing I smelled something burning. I thought it might be the guys down the sidewalk who roast coffee beans. 15 seconds later I smelled it again and panicked!!!

Yep. I, a stupid, idiotic..., scorched my Custom Fit Slip Cover that had been hanging over the front of my sewing machine directly in front of the electric heater.

I was out of fabric but I had used face fabric for the deck, so I was able to remove that face fabric and replace it with decking fabric. That was a very expensive fabric.

It is always humbling to be reminded that you are not perfect.

http://i830.photobucket.com/albums/zz228/genejoe/th_DSCF3226_zps70qqraja.jpg

http://i830.photobucket.com/albums/zz228/genejoe/th_DSCF3227_zpsuy2jybmx.jpg

Your humbled upholsterer.

gene
QUALITY DOES NOT COST, IT PAYS!

Darren Henry

Zen with your canine physic there and chant ;

shhh It happens .

Nice save BTW; I'd call that batting 500  :D
Life is a short one way trip, don't blow it!Live hard,die young and leave no ill regrets!

MinUph

Paul
Minichillo's Upholstery
Website

baileyuph

Gene,

Nice recovery, just think if it had been worse.  Actually, replacing the "face" fabric in the deck with decking material adds detail at a professional level.  Not wishing it had happened but, the work around idea actually is an enhancement to the project, thus turns out to be the mark of a true professional.

From observation, you are one of the best on those slips.  I did slips early in the career, it was a terrific experience, didn't mind them at all. 

Keep on keeping on Gene!

Doyle

gene

The Interior Designer for this project came into my studio today and told me that the homeowner loved my Custom Fit Slip Cover.

I'm sure glad I decided to take out that burnt spot on the slip cover.  :)

gene
QUALITY DOES NOT COST, IT PAYS!