Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
  • Welcome to The Upholster.com Forum. Please login or sign up.

May 11, 2024, 02:36:51 am

News:

Welcome to our new upholstery forum with an updated theme and improved functionality. We welcome your comments and questions to our forum! Visit our main website, Upholster.com, for our extensive supply of upholstery products, instructional information and videos, and much more.

Mooring support cover poles

Started by Mike, August 01, 2014, 09:10:41 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Mike

Years ago when i did alot of cover every week i found it more cost effective to buy all the parts and make my own support poles   Rather them all made up.
I used so many poles it wasnt a big deal to order a gross of each part.
Now i just order the pole saving labor time but i looked up the cost difference.
Now im paying. $10 and change a pole.  Adding up each part cost plus tubing estimated about $7.75 a pole and m time tocut and assemble. Ill stick with buying poles.

JuneC

I never made poles.  Too convenient to just buy them already made up. 

Speaking of poles, have you seen the ball/socket swivel bases so they can be mounted at an angle in the boat?  Pretty good product.

June
"Horse sense is the thing a horse has which keeps it from betting on people."

W. C. Fields

timtheboatguy

I make my polls from electric conduit cut to size and put a rubber chair leg tip on one end. Cost about 1.50 per poll. May not be a good idea in the salt water environment though.
http://www.timtheboatguy.com

We are not retreating - we are advancing in another direction.
Douglas MacArthur

Mike

Arnt thoose taco june  yes ive seen used a couple times.
Tim i had. 3/4" inside. 7/8" adjustable.

JuneC

No idea if Taco makes them, but they work pretty well.  About 6 or 7 products down this page. 

http://www.glfi.com/marinecatalog_hardwarepage.htm

June
"Horse sense is the thing a horse has which keeps it from betting on people."

W. C. Fields