Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
  • Welcome to The Upholster.com Forum. Please login or sign up.

May 11, 2024, 10:59:18 am

News:

Welcome to our new upholstery forum with an updated theme and improved functionality. We welcome your comments and questions to our forum! Visit our main website, Upholster.com, for our extensive supply of upholstery products, instructional information and videos, and much more.

embroidery

Started by jimmyspenser, July 31, 2014, 02:35:47 am

Previous topic - Next topic

jimmyspenser

my wife has recently purchased an embroidering machine. we are new to this. I thought that I could help her out alot being that I design alot of eps files on flexi like every day, but come to find out, theres a whole other very expensive way to do that? and guidance that anyone can give me would be great...we already got alot of money invested into the maching and program...now I have to spend hundreds more on another digitzing program??? like all I wanna be able to do is add a bunch more fonts, and other logos that I can basically import from my flexi program to be embroiderd.
#1 Southeast Sewing Company since 1983 SewingMachine.com

MinUph

Checkout embird software. Not too expensive and very good. Fonts are cheap and the digitizing package is decent too.
Paul
Minichillo's Upholstery
Website

Virgs Sew n Sew

Hi!

I have my toes dipping into the embroidery world.  Play around with it mostly but have dumped some money into it.  Have a dedicated machine that wasn't outrageously expensive but still costly.  Also got a series of software discs and digitizing programs from Amazing Designs (probably spent $600 total on those).  They are compatible with my machine with a nifty little conversion hardware piece I purchased.  I like the Amazing Designs set-up as I have access to thousands of designs, digitizing software, monograms, initials, etc.  Don't know if it is compatible with your system or not.  There are tons of free or low cost embroidery designs out there.  I spent a couple of days surfing the web and know get tons of emails linking me to free designs that I pick and choose what I want to download and pitch the rest of the offers.

Embroidery is lots of fun.  Just hard to break into that arena here as one place in town has it pretty well locked up.  Did get my first job embroidery a physical therapist's logo on 2 dozen pairs of running shorts so I am getting there.  Hope your wife enjoys it!

Virginia

Grebo

#2   For Embird.
It's modular, just buy the bits you want it for.
I use a domestic single needle machine for my bits & bobs.
Digitizing is so time consuming when you don't do it very often, I often send a design off to an online digitizing company & they send it back in what ever format you need it. They can do a 24/48hour turn round, takes me longer than that to remember how to do it.
But it is good fun if you have to time to play with it.
Enjoy.

Suzi