Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
  • Welcome to The Upholster.com Forum. Please login or sign up.

May 16, 2024, 04:51:59 pm

News:

Welcome to our new upholstery forum with an updated theme and improved functionality. We welcome your comments and questions to our forum! Visit our main website, Upholster.com, for our extensive supply of upholstery products, instructional information and videos, and much more.

adjustable height table

Started by byhammerandhand, November 20, 2015, 07:01:38 am

Previous topic - Next topic

byhammerandhand

Some of you have posted how you've built this from Harbor Freight lifts or motor cycle lifts.   If you need ideas, or have $1400 to spare, http://www.woodworkingnetwork.com/red-book/wood-machinery-supplies/heavy-load-worktable-adapts-any-type-work-surface

Keith

"Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work." Thomas A. Edison

gene

Oh bummer. It only goes up to 40". If it could go just 2 inches higher and was painted red...

That is pretty awesome.
--------------------------
Hey, speaking of getting off topic, I think I am going to throw out my saw horses and use the box system for my platforms.

http://www.popularwoodworking.com/article/the_shop_box_system

Keith has posted this link a few times on this forum.

I'll use several different size platforms covered with carpet on top of the boxes to support the furniture. I like the idea of having a solid surface instead of two saw horses and I like the mobility and different height levels the boxes will give me.

gene
QUALITY DOES NOT COST, IT PAYS!

byhammerandhand

What off-topic?    I get a newsletter from a guy that runs a consulting business and EVERY newsletter starts off "This is not the normal newsletter..."      Well, I would say an unusual newsletter is just the usual.

Getting off-topic is on-topic.

Quote from: gene on November 20, 2015, 05:16:01 pm
Hey, speaking of getting off topic, ...
gene
Keith

"Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work." Thomas A. Edison

gene

November 22, 2015, 07:27:17 am #3 Last Edit: November 22, 2015, 07:37:25 am by gene
I've been keeping my eye out for a serger. I recently saw an industrial serger on Craigslist. The owner said she had used it in her drapery business and no longer needs it.

Her husband put a new gear in it and it did not work properly so they took it to a repair person who said the gear was put in backwards. All you have to do is turn the gear around and it will work fine.

What? Why wouldn't the repair person or the husband turn the gear around??? It would then work and they could ask more for it. I get a chuckle when folks make up stories and don't even bother to evaluate whether or not the story makes sense. But, there are enough folks out there who will make the stories work for themselves in their heads. Who was it that said "one is born every minute"?

Oh, the table looks cracked and the price was recently reduced by $100.00. I can now get a serger that doesn't work for $100 less. Yippee!

gene
QUALITY DOES NOT COST, IT PAYS!