Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
  • Welcome to The Upholster.com Forum. Please login or sign up.

May 11, 2024, 03:57:59 pm

News:

Welcome to our new upholstery forum with an updated theme and improved functionality. We welcome your comments and questions to our forum! Visit our main website, Upholster.com, for our extensive supply of upholstery products, instructional information and videos, and much more.

Making piping. Vedio

Started by Mike8560, November 04, 2010, 04:32:26 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Mike8560

November 04, 2010, 04:32:26 pm Last Edit: November 06, 2010, 05:56:16 pm by Mike8560
 ((Doyle I meant) asked Once how i made piping
notr bad sewin with one hand taking a vid in my shape
Done  with no welt foot

I hope this works
http://s782.photobucket.com/albums/yy102/Mike8560/?action=view&current=IMG_0285.mp4

phone typing  editeded

Mojo

Mike all I have to say is one thing:

You Dah Man.........

I have done it like that but prefer the welt foot. I do not have the years behind me and your skill to
sew that fast.

Actually, it kinda makes me sick seeing you sew so fast with one hand......... I cannot sew welt on a plain foot that fast using both hands........LOL..........

Your coordination looks good Mike. It appears that most of the damage from the stroke was more speech and cognitive related. That is where I got hit with my numerous strokes. Always in the same area.

I tell the Doctors I need to quit having them because I have two brain cells left and ones waving bye bye to the other. :)

Cannot begin to tell you how great it is to see you doing so well.

Call if you need anything.

Chris

Mike8560

November 05, 2010, 09:40:42 am #2 Last Edit: November 06, 2010, 05:14:11 am by Mike8560
GooD im glad it opened Chris

photobucket vidieos didn't play onmy phone.

fragged8

if i didn't know better Mike i'd say that was

British racing Green  the same colour mini coopers were painted
;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

baileyuph

Quote[((Doyle I meant) asked Once how i made piping
notr bad sewin with one hand taking a vid in my shape
Done  with no welt foot
/quote]

Yes, Mike it was me.  I thought your pictures were very good, tried to do the cord, your method, and failed to get back with you.  But, here it is finally.

Results and comment:  You indicated the machine was a 111W155, so I used my equivalent. 

I can see how it would work, however my machine probably isn't set up with the same feed dog as yours.  On my needle feed, the feed dog is essentially the width the of the needle foot, meaning it doesn't pull material under the right and left outside edge of the outside foot.

Therefore since the outside foot is riding the top of the core, in your method, of the cord being made, the needle feed doesn't effectively pull the cord through the machine because it doesn't have contact press, it is more or less spinning across the top of the cord being made, it is lifted by the outside foot riding much higher, on the core of the cord.

Further, putting those two factors in perspective, the outside foot not riding the surface of the feed dog and the needle foot being lifted somewhat due to the height of the outside foot, cord flow is not under control.  There is a little flow on my machine but flow is limited.

Therefore, installing a wider feed dog, would definitely allow the machine to pull the cord over the entire width of the cord without depending on the needle foot, which doesn't have sufficient contact with the cord.

A little picture of your feed dog might clarify my analysis.  A little picture or merely a width measurement of your feed dog might clarify my conclusions.  You are able to do it effectively, there has to be an equipment and/or equipment adjustment making the difference.

Thanks and the pictures were great, glad to see you effective again, great input!

Doyle

sofadoc

I don't know which is MORE impressive:
The fact that you can sew cording with no welt foot OR:
The fact that you can do it WHILE HOLDING A CAMERA!

That IS foam welt, isn't it?
I don't know how well that method would work with fiberflex (tissue) welt.
I tried it when this topic first came up, didn't have much luck.
"Perfection is the greatest enemy of profitability" - Mark Cuban

Mike8560

I will try to get a close ok. DB

I sew e erything with that same foot on bolth my singer 111w155 and my juki563
and yes it is polywelt 5/32 I se for marine