Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
  • Welcome to The Upholster.com Forum. Please login or sign up.

May 09, 2024, 05:00:22 pm

News:

Welcome to our new upholstery forum with an updated theme and improved functionality. We welcome your comments and questions to our forum! Visit our main website, Upholster.com, for our extensive supply of upholstery products, instructional information and videos, and much more.

Tool Troubles

Started by jojo, January 26, 2014, 04:57:29 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

JuneC

Well poo!  That just isn't any fun at all.  Glad you can fix it up for a small fee though. 

I'd still be tempted to try some method of extraction and keep the parts for spares.  Did you try heat?  I assume the metals of the chuck and stuck bit are different.  Heating and rapid cooling might make them loosen up as one heats and expands or shrinks more than the other. 

June
"Horse sense is the thing a horse has which keeps it from betting on people."

W. C. Fields

west coast

I to have switched all my drills to Ridgid and the only reason was the service agreement on the batteries. I have replaced one already and it was defective so that would have been a waranty issue anyway (under a year old)but over the years I can't see how you can go wrong when the battery supply will be free. I had lots of makita,dewalt drills that I really liked but had to chuck them when the bats went. I even bought a Ridgid drill flashlight combo for the fifth wheel but use the batteries in the off season in the shop that keeps them revolving and not dying by not using.

kodydog

I have a Sioux air drill with a collar just like you describe. When I put a bit with flat or Phillips on both ends it will get stuck every time. To get it unstuck, I lay the tool on my upholstery table, use my knee to hold it in place, grab the collar with pliers and tap the pliers with a hammer until the collar comes loose.

Hope this works.
There cannot be a crisis next week. My schedule is already full.
http://northfloridachair.com/index.html