Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
  • Welcome to The Upholster.com Forum. Please login or sign up.

May 04, 2024, 02:26:25 pm

News:

Welcome to our new upholstery forum with an updated theme and improved functionality. We welcome your comments and questions to our forum! Visit our main website, Upholster.com, for our extensive supply of upholstery products, instructional information and videos, and much more.

how a day can go wrong

Started by Mike, April 24, 2014, 03:40:36 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Mike

have you ever ordered 3 yards of quilted vinyl and founf the finished side had a taped splice right in the middle :(

I opened my roll today and rolled it out backside up the quilt liner was fine but the factory had taped spiced the vinyl in the manufacture process. so my plans for the day were all messed  up I had a customer coming to pick up but got a call to give a price and ended up delivering the piece on the way like I said mojo you have it nice  staying in the shop

SteveA

Driving around near the water in 80 degree weather - one eye on the beach  - doesn't sound like a wasted day.
You're probably hoping it happens again soon !
SA

JuneC

Oh now I'd be totally annoyed at that.  The person cutting the piece should have seen that.  I get annoyed when the backing slips sideways on quilted vinyl and I have to deal with a 1" or more unbacked edge.  But, it was a GORGEOUS day in SE Florida.  Almost ready to swim - the pool hit 83 today!

June
"Horse sense is the thing a horse has which keeps it from betting on people."

W. C. Fields

Mike

April 25, 2014, 11:29:26 am #3 Last Edit: April 25, 2014, 11:52:57 am by Mike
June it was hard to see i almost missed it before cutting.  It roll out backside up off the roll if somthi g odd didnt catch my eye and make me turn the vinyl over it was only the face that was spliced not the backing so it was missed     Nice june i loke warm water. My new house has no pool  ans id hate to dig up the best part of my lawn beside my new puppies enjoy the grass to much.

Ive been thinking of  getting a jetski maybe to pop down to the beach a mile down the way.

Ya steve lifes a beach.

bobbin

It was nowhere near 83 degrees here, but man! it was a great day to be at marinas and enjoying an early spring day.  Just beautiful (cloudy now, rain this WE, but it will be a good time sew). 

I'd be really annoyed by that, too.  As June said, that should have been caught before it was sent to you.  I'd be looking for a deal... reduced price on the goods you have and free shipping on the replacement length...

Mike

well bobbin luckily I got it replaced and I was able to get the cushions done for the customer as they have a cruise planned for this weekend.

JuneC

Mike they look like a real joy to be around.   

Bobbin, the 83 temp was the water, not the air.  It's been in the upper 80's for over a week now.  Today it hit 85  - the water, that is. 

June

W. C. Fields

bobbin

Oh man... 83 in the pool?? we're lucky if the brine tops 72 degrees at the end of the summer.  I flatly refuse to go "swim" in the ocean... too cold and I loathe the scum on my skin afterwards (grew up in the land of fresh water lakes). 

Still, it was a really pretty day at the marinas.  (but I am still packin' the navy pea cap). 

BigJohn

Mike what type of dog is that, those pups look a lot like my Poodle/ Maltese mix pup "Jake"  that I got last November, I received a DNA test kit as a gift Easter Sunday from a relative and we are soon going to know for sure exactly what type of dog I have.

Big John

Mike

john they are cavacons a cros between a bichon qand a king Charles spaniel they are brother and sister the male has soft fur while the female has corse thick hair she also jumps higher

bobbin as a kid I grew up in California and the ocean was cold there also but the gulf beaches here see 80+ in the summer

BigJohn

Mike;
     I should have guessed the ears are a giveaway! You guys have been talking temps, here in the Desert Southwest Buckeye (far West Phoenix suburb) we have had highs already of 99-100, but it's dry heat he-he-he.

Big John

regalman190

I've had situations where I unroll a light color vinyl and there's a black streak or dirt and grease right in the middle. Or Sunbrella would have a huge defect right in the middle.
Weather here in Florida is fantastic. Much better than Western NY!
Nice pups Mike. They love running around in your yard.
Regal Canvas

Mike

April 27, 2014, 09:42:13 am #12 Last Edit: April 29, 2014, 06:36:59 pm by Mike
John i lived in so cal as a kid dry heat but st !0 i moved to mass and found out sbout humidity. I never had av in Ca  but when i got to mass i remeber it bei g hot and sticky trying to sleep turni g my pillow all night  
Joe there great i put in the fence this past month they love it when i get home so they can go out and play together.

bobbin

Wind off the water today.  Cloudy and raw all day long.  I caved and lit the woodstove in my shop... cozy at 72 degrees.  No thought of cracking 60 degrees all week.  sigh

JuneC

Summer is here with a vengeance.  It hit 92 today and the pool was at 87.  No relief in sight.  This is how it will be from now till mid-October.   When the late afternoon squalls start it'll be a bit more moderate, but the summer rains haven't come yet.

June

W. C. Fields