Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
  • Welcome to The Upholster.com Forum. Please login or sign up.

May 04, 2024, 02:40:03 pm

News:

Welcome to our new upholstery forum with an updated theme and improved functionality. We welcome your comments and questions to our forum! Visit our main website, Upholster.com, for our extensive supply of upholstery products, instructional information and videos, and much more.

presser feet for walking foot machine

Started by evanbever, January 02, 2014, 10:23:03 am

Previous topic - Next topic

evanbever

Hi everyone Happy New Year to you all. Could anyone point me in the right direction, I need some zipper feet and welting feet for a Consew 206rb industrial walking foot machine, I tried to order some from a supplier that is on this site, Toledo industrial machines but to no avail. The company took my order 3 weeks ago and has not shipped anything to me and they haven't even bothered to return my phone calls. Sure would appreciate any input, thanks

sofadoc

Try calling them again. They may have been closed for the Xmas holidays. And many UPS, FedEx packages have been delayed.

Bob Kovar (Toledo) is a very reputable dealer. I'm sure it's just an oversight.

In the unlikely event that Bob is unable to help you, you can do an e-bay search for that model #. There are several e-bay stores that carry those parts. Such as Sharp Sewing Supplies. Even if they don't have your particular part listed on E-bay, you can just call them. I'm sure they'll have it. Most of the welt feet for that model are in the $13-$15 range (shipping included).
"Perfection is the greatest enemy of profitability" - Mark Cuban

MinUph

I have bought several sets of feet off eBay and have very good luck with all of them. They are not OEM parts but the quality is fine and the prices are also. Your machine is one of the more popular ones in service so parts will be in abundance.
Paul
Minichillo's Upholstery
Website

regalman190

Regal Canvas

sofadoc

Here's a 1/4" welt foot set for under 10 bucks shipping included:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/CONSEW-206-WELT-FOOT-SET-1-4-/120926495751?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item1c27c7e407

Their zipper feet are $23.

Like Paul says, they aren't OEM. But they fit just fine. I HAVE bought a few cheapo feet before that required a little grinding to make them fit. But I have also paid top dollar for OEM feet that needed grinding as well.
"Perfection is the greatest enemy of profitability" - Mark Cuban

evanbever

Thanks everyone for all the info, maybe the holidays did affect the shipping time for Toledo, but as I said I have called them and left about three messages and no one ever got back to me. thanks again

Mojo

January 04, 2014, 06:30:47 pm #6 Last Edit: January 04, 2014, 06:31:47 pm by Mojo
Wow. I have bought two new machines, presser feet and other odd's and ends from Bob and never had a problem. The small items were always shipped the same day. Something must have gone wrong as Bob is one of the best dealers in the country and provides awesome customer service.

Chris

BigJohn

Bob Kovar has always under promised and over delivered in his dealings with me. I can't believe that he would have purposely not shipped your order, there must be some unavoidable circumstances that contributed to the problem.

BigJohn

Toledo Mach. Sales

Elsa,
I'm real sorry you didn't get your order I will have to admit we made a mistake.
The parts came in while I was gone on vacation & the order some how just didn't get shipped.

Bob Kovar
Toledo Industrial Sewing Machine Sales
We sell New& Used Industrial Sewing Machines,Parts,Needles & Thread.
Toll-Free#1-866-362-7397