Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
  • Welcome to The Upholster.com Forum. Please login or sign up.

May 08, 2024, 07:08:17 pm

News:

Welcome to our new upholstery forum with an updated theme and improved functionality. We welcome your comments and questions to our forum! Visit our main website, Upholster.com, for our extensive supply of upholstery products, instructional information and videos, and much more.

Outdoor cover fabric

Started by bobbin, September 09, 2013, 11:49:57 am

Previous topic - Next topic

bobbin

I received a request to make a cover for an outdoor kitchen area... granite counter top, expensive built-in grill, and small service sink.  Also for the patio furniture; 2 chairs, a table, and a couch.  First thing I thought of was the lightweight stamoid, which I love! works up beautifully and wears like iron and it will scrunch down for easy storage.  

Do any of you guys have any other suggestions for a rugged outdoor fabric that will withstand a New England winter?

Mike

September 09, 2013, 01:26:13 pm #1 Last Edit: September 09, 2013, 01:32:43 pm by Mike
I like oydesey 3
http://www.miamicorp.com/products/MARINE%20@@2f%20OUTDOOR%20FABRICS/MARINE%20TOP%20FABRICS/ODYSSEY%20III.aspx
get hold of Miami  mike here he can set you up with a account

bobbin

Thanks Mike.  Miami link was a L O N G time loading.  I'll try again later.  I have a dormant acc't. with them, and need to update it.  Looks like now's the time, huh?

Eric

I've used aqualon for outdoor kitchen covers. Works so far, and a little cheaper than stamoid. As always use what works for you.
This is in Wisconsin.
Eric

Miami Mike

I can't find the place to change the link to our web page on my account here. But if you can get in touch with us we should be able to get you what you need. We have added a direct competition to the Aqualon it is the Heritage by Marlen Textiles. One side Acrylic coated and the underside is white. It will never crack or delaminate. 60" 9oz. We also have added the Nautimar it has a single coat and double coted. It is a vinyl like the stamoid but it only comes in 86" widths. I have been told by several of my clients that it is easy to clean and they like it. It does have a special silicon finishing formula for easy cleaning.

We have lots of options>  :)

www.miamicorp.com

WeatherMax 80 WeatherMax FR WeatherMax LT Recacril Design Line Recacril Stripes Outdura Outdura Stripes Outdura Weblon Regatta, Holiday Top Notch Top Notch Elite Top Gun Vista Odyssey III Softouch Strata Glass Crystal Clear OSea Glass Regalite Glass Sattler Nautimar Soluna

Miami Mike

I got in and changed the web page address, it should take you there now.

Mike
WeatherMax 80 WeatherMax FR WeatherMax LT Recacril Design Line Recacril Stripes Outdura Outdura Stripes Outdura Weblon Regatta, Holiday Top Notch Top Notch Elite Top Gun Vista Odyssey III Softouch Strata Glass Crystal Clear OSea Glass Regalite Glass Sattler Nautimar Soluna

brmax

Looking at the factory site of Marlen i see they have an interesting fabric / properties page and fabric finder page that is comparing the choices they offer, kinda neat i was going back and forth so i just printed them, Im sure they will continue to impress. I would just get quantities in an amount for future jobs i suppose, the normal planning you all do.  I realy want to ask others for there experiance on some materials like having fabrics look the same but different water or breathability on top and sides, Is this used much.?
I can do the charts but first hand knowledge, (experiance) is different.
Thanks to this place and supporters.
Good day

Another Quality Missouri Company, not suprising.   

brmax

bobbin sorry didnt mean to hijack the post, just wanted to give the company a thumbs up. I had talked to Bob Kovar on other things about materials and the top gun and odyssey was brought up so i gave them a call and was sent some product pages, and they mentioned some vendors. good luck with whatever you choose, im sure it will be good for the customer.
thanks all