Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
  • Welcome to The Upholster.com Forum. Please login or sign up.

May 08, 2024, 05:11:27 am

News:

Welcome to our new upholstery forum with an updated theme and improved functionality. We welcome your comments and questions to our forum! Visit our main website, Upholster.com, for our extensive supply of upholstery products, instructional information and videos, and much more.

What's fun at your house today?

Started by bobbin, May 26, 2012, 01:53:42 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

bobbin

The husband is working.  I'm home alone.  I've planted the window boxes on the house, mown the south lawn, and have washed and hung two loads of laundry.  I haven't gotten to the 2 awnings I want to wash, but there's always tomorrow.  And once those are done I'll be able to plant the window boxes under them.  Lovely weather today (mid 70s and sunny), not so great for tomorrow and Memorial Day but it'll be OK.  You?

I've been  intermittantly watching "Barbeque U" on the PBS digital channel, "Create".  Man! almost makes me want to start grilling!!

gene

I got home 30 minutes ago from a long hot day at the studio. I'm working on two matching wing back chairs. The fabric is the best of the best of the best. I love working with this designer. So, I did enjoy work today.

I'm home and the family is gone for the night. So, me and the dog, and a dog that we are dog sitting for the weekend, the two cats, and the white rat that my daughter recently bought as a pet to keep at her apartment when she goes back to college (The rat's name is 'peanut'. I told my daughter to name it "Bubonic". She said no to my suggestion), so, I'm not sure what the evening holds in store for us. We may all take a ride to the dairy queen later.

Right now, it's fun to just sit and eat dinner and putz on the computer.

gene
QUALITY DOES NOT COST, IT PAYS!

bobbin

Yup, it's pretty much the same deal here.  A rat named Bubonic tickles my funny bone, too.  :)

sofadoc

Watched a 14 inning 5 1/2 hour Ranger game. Mowed my daughter's lawn.
Funny.....I used to pay her to mow OUR lawn. Now I'm mowing HER'S for free.
Not hard to understand why us Texans can't figger out howta pour piss outuva boot.
But at least we KILL our rats instead of namin' 'em. ;)
"Perfection is the greatest enemy of profitability" - Mark Cuban

Mike

Friday noght we had one hell of s storm eidn was awsome sideways rain and hail and light strike outbCk when i gif up saturdad i saw my shell walk pasth to my docn a d washed out so i ended up running and ittigation pipe unddr it sence i need new shells on it now was the time.

I could go out and eork on a cover today of i might just hVe my coffee snd take it easy there always tomorow

kodydog

May 27, 2012, 07:15:44 am #5 Last Edit: May 27, 2012, 08:36:03 am by kodydog
Yesterday it got up to 100*. We went to friends house in the eve and picked a tomato box full of green beans. They put-up 80 jars of the stuff and said we could have whatever was left.

Today we will go to the Fl Folk Fest. But we have tropical storm Beryl looming off Jacksonville. The next few days we should get plenty of rain which we badly need.

Talk about fun. Friday morning I got up and let the dogs out as usual. 5 mins later my shepherd came back and scratched the door to be let in. As I walked to the door I could smell this god-awful odor. I cracked the door and the smell was overpowering. Yep, she got sprayed. Her new name is Miss Skunky.
There cannot be a crisis next week. My schedule is already full.
http://northfloridachair.com/index.html

Mike

Kody i didnt pay much attention to that TS i wonder if  friday night my storm here was a slin off from beryl?

kodydog

May 27, 2012, 04:21:59 pm #7 Last Edit: May 27, 2012, 06:37:27 pm by kodydog
Don't think so Mike. Were only 1-1/2 hrs from the coast and were just starting to get the rain. Then it heads north into Georgia.

100% chance of rain for the next 3 days. Haven't seen that since 2004.

Grebo

May 28, 2012, 02:04:11 am #8 Last Edit: May 28, 2012, 02:06:49 am by Grebo
We opened up the trailer tent & put on the awning,  in the neighbours garage  :P
We have plans to add an extra sun / rain porch this year & other non standard mods  ;D So need to start working on it BEFORE it's time to leave  :-X
Hmm so what colour go's best with faded blue  ::)

Suzi

kodydog

Faded orange?  :)

That's great Suzi. Where in Spain do you vacation.

September we head to the Georgia mountains in our pop-up (trailer tent).

Mojo

Got home from a long trip and been walking around trying to figure out if I should scratch my watch or wind my ass. Got the coach unloaded, all the vendor things put away, my shop organized and my schedule finished for June. I have my order all set for Miami and will start getting fabric coming my way. I had a run on some Sattler brown tweed and will need to order a full roll to complete those orders. But I also got orders for some weird colors I rarely ever see in RV's - Admiral Blue, Light Grey and the real shocker a green tweed. This order is going to be very large which means my bank account is going to take a serious hit again. :(

I have a week off before I start working again and am going to get a few things done around the house this week. 1st on the list is the pool. I have yet to clean it and fill it and get it up and running. The dogs love to swim in the summer time. :)

I have some other Honey-Do's to get done as well before the work starts in the shop. I just need to get over this coach-lag. I do not think I currently have enough sense to pour piss from a boot. :)

Happy memorial day everyone. Please remember those who gave their all for our freedoms.

Chris

Grebo

May 28, 2012, 08:33:00 am #11 Last Edit: May 28, 2012, 08:33:37 am by Grebo
Quote from: kodydog on May 28, 2012, 06:03:57 am
Faded orange?  :)

That's great Suzi. Where in Spain do you vacation.

September we head to the Georgia mountains in our pop-up (trailer tent).

SPAIN in August :o   No way.
We head for the hills..... France, Germany, Austria & Switzerland. First stop tends to be Andorra so we can honesty say, sorry would love to help but we aren't in Spain right now  ;D

We love our pop up, nice cosy beds but packs up into a neat trailer.

Our dogs love to swim as well Chris, beaches are out of bounds so they enjoy the best kind of pool, the neighbours. ;)

Suzi

gene

My wife and I planted a garden this morning for the first time in 20 years. It was a lot easier stooping over when I was 20 years younger.

pumpkins, tomatoes, several kinds of squash, cucumbers.

I'll grow massive amounts of kale, spinach, and mustard greens this Fall to freeze for the winter. I have gotten into drinking green slushies.

gene
QUALITY DOES NOT COST, IT PAYS!

bobbin

It's quieting down nicely now.  This is a "tourist town" and the traffic is probably hellish on the interstate... better there than by my home!

Lots of gardening here, too.  Window boxes planted.  Awnings "up", staking of peonies underway but not yet complete (rain due tomorrow so I need to get that done). 

I'm workingoin the floor cloth for the kitchen now.  I have the marbling done and am now striping alternate chequers.  Very relaxing weekend, with a few nice visits with friends "from away".  But it's back to reality tomorrow. 

scottymc

Sounds good in the northern hemisphere,  winter starts in a few days here and it feels like it. Having said that  will be going for a surf soon. Me an the wife and dog are going away for the winter, so I have heaps of stuff to do, boardcovers.boat covers and all the rest of the jobs that got under the guard of reluctant upholstery, the more I don't want to do it the more they want me too.
Will be going to Gnarloo in Northwest Aus. for June/July, woohoo tropical desert.