Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
  • Welcome to The Upholster.com Forum. Please login or sign up.

May 21, 2024, 06:02:02 am

News:

Welcome to our new upholstery forum with an updated theme and improved functionality. We welcome your comments and questions to our forum! Visit our main website, Upholster.com, for our extensive supply of upholstery products, instructional information and videos, and much more.

Dealing with ignored phone calls

Started by JDUpholstery, August 15, 2012, 11:33:03 am

Previous topic - Next topic

JDUpholstery

well, I am not holding my breath but the customer texted me asking what the dollar amount due was, and said they would have their daughter come pay it....something about needing to fill a delivery contract of 250 trailers to north dakota before winter sets in....I wont hold my breath but it might be good....at least this time its not " we will be there on soandso date" and they dont show up...I would gladly acept a check in the mail and hold their stuff for a year if they need me to.

I know stress is bad for me, it makes me feel bad, which in turn adds to my stress because I am not getting as much work done as I should be, which then adds to my stress, which makes me feel worse...and on and on lol!

JDUpholstery

Not so worried about stroke, but it does worsen my disease symptoms!

http://ms.about.com/od/livingwellwithms/a/ms_stress.htm

Thanks for the read Mike

JDUpholstery

today is past 90 days, I am tired of the dodgy excuses, so today I pulled the trigger...left them a message letting them know I had a customer that wants to buy the scissor couch...if I do not receive payment by Friday the 7th, it is sold....I do not have a customer, but hoping to light a proverbial fire under their arses...if they do not pay by then I will buy it myself, and use it on my burn pile to prove a point!

JDUpholstery

well...pretty sure I lost a customer...but got a message back this evening that they will be in on Monday to get all their property from my shop....good riddance I say, as long as they pay whats due, I won't miss the business...I am so busy right now anyways.... Now lets see if they actually show up!

JDUpholstery

Monday came and went, Tuesday is gone, but did get a call today letting me know they would be in on Wednesday....yeah..I will hold my breath! He did however express his apologies on the phone, and asked if I would still do work for him if he paid up front so that a delay like this did not happen again (his idea, not mine, even though I was going to propose this)

JDUpholstery

My adventure ended today...got paid....man that was anti-climatic!

kodydog

Hang in there JD. The good times will far outweigh the bad. A man came in to work today with a homemade gift fruit cake. Say what you want about fruit cake but this thing was good.
There cannot be a crisis next week. My schedule is already full.
http://northfloridachair.com/index.html

baileyuph

Glad you got paid JD.

In spite of maybe what the customer said, don't you think this entire issue spawned from the economy?  Otherwise, why did it happen?

Doyle

JDUpholstery

wasn't an economy issue, the man had to deliver 250 trailers to North Dakota, and I just wasn't on his priority list...we did however come to the agreement that future jobs he will just pay his full bill up front and I will store them until he has time to pick them up. I never had a doubt he could afford it and I tried really hard to be patient...but honestly was beginning to get frustrated and am glad it has been resolved, and I did not lose a repeat customer.

sofadoc

I don't know. If money was never an issue, why didn't he lick a stamp a long time ago?
"Perfection is the greatest enemy of profitability" - Mark Cuban

Mojo

JD:

You may want to consider doing what I do. Open a Paypal account in your company name.

I get paid from customers all over the country via Paypal. I refuse to take Credit cards over the phone as I do NOT want the responsibilty of their number. Most of my customers pay this way because they can use their visa, mastercard, discover card or their checking account to pay their bill.

If they are local to me ( and few are ) then they pay me by check and sometimes in cash. Many of them have safes ion board their buses and prefer to pay cash. The Paypal thing I have even used for local customers when they requested it.

Glad you got paid.

Chris

Mike

takes all the fun out of the job don't it JD ypu knopw io did a job this week a cover on a boat the guy contracted me and gave a deposite   he mailed a chaek to his neighbor to give me when I was done , its nice to have a cool customer once in a while.   

it look like from you link stress is all around bad, they say mine was from a blood clot from the heart  but in new Hampshire I didn't have any stress much at all like you jobs were all at my shop and I got paid when they left and everybody wanted there boat back Friday.   but here aftger moving every boat is on the owner preoperty and paying me is not a high priority as they have the ball in there court and when there done with there business then they will take care of me some are out of town when I get done. and I don't know how the job looks after patterning after I gfet to the boat to install im alwaysd stressed out driving over thinking about what can go wrong,
then I had my stroke , ive been trying to not stress so much and be more layed back

byhammerandhand

Out of the blue a lady shows up at my (home's) door this afternoon.  She's her to pick up the chairs that I finished for her on 9/9/2011.  I had to dust them off and remove the cobwebs. She didn't think she had enough cash with her so asked if a check would be OK.   After I finished loading them in her car, she said she'd mail the check this evening.  :'(   At this point, I'm not sure I even care if I get paid, I'm just glad to have that spot in the shop back.
Keith

"Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work." Thomas A. Edison

JDUpholstery

OK Hammer you got me beat big time...a year, and then she wants to mail the check....I am an optimist but even I say you wont be getting a check!