Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
  • Welcome to The Upholster.com Forum. Please login or sign up.

May 09, 2024, 06:42:23 pm

News:

Welcome to our new upholstery forum with an updated theme and improved functionality. We welcome your comments and questions to our forum! Visit our main website, Upholster.com, for our extensive supply of upholstery products, instructional information and videos, and much more.

?? For the marine or canvas people.

Started by MinUph, November 07, 2011, 05:42:27 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

MinUph

Mike,
  Thanks for the thought but I will figure this out at some point. Like I said it isn't that bad where it has to be fixed right away. I can live with it for awhile. I just don't like things not being right. It bugs me and I WILL get it right.  :)
Paul
Minichillo's Upholstery
Website

Mike8560

There is an easy fix maybe
if you push up on the secondary bows can younger the top to lookg good. No sag ? And if so are the bows still inside the pockets ?  If so rather then remove the canvas and reposition the pockets you could ad straps from bow to bow as you said you are used to.
ShT is the canvas made of? Make a small slit in the mIn bow pockets and inslall a strap with an adjustable buckles   Make a loop T the end and slip
it throught the slit wrap
it around the bow a d back through the loop then through buckle Nd around the smaller bow and back to he buckle.  It's not the right way if was making a new one  but you can install it on The boat without taking the frame apart to install the. Strap     

MinUph

Update to an old post. I have been doing some work on the boat while its cold, and tried all the canvas today. Never put it all on before. Turns out the main Bimini was in fact on backwards. So that was part of the problem just like your canvas guys said before. Looks pretty cool with the complete camper on. Don't think it will stay on during the summer but it might get us out a month earlier for some cruises.
Paul
Minichillo's Upholstery
Website

Mike

January 29, 2012, 06:29:02 pm #33 Last Edit: January 30, 2012, 11:33:18 am by Mike
that will do it , i was called out to a dealor who couldnt figure out why the windows wernt lining up with the top  on a big sea ray  I took a quick look and told them to take the canvas bimini off the frame and turn it around problem solved.