Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
  • Welcome to The Upholster.com Forum. Please login or sign up.

May 05, 2024, 01:49:23 pm

News:

Welcome to our new upholstery forum with an updated theme and improved functionality. We welcome your comments and questions to our forum! Visit our main website, Upholster.com, for our extensive supply of upholstery products, instructional information and videos, and much more.

Losing the battle with spammers

Started by 65Buick, November 09, 2017, 02:20:53 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

MinUph

I tried registering and couldn't get the captcha thing right. Might be my old eyes but I gave up.,
Paul
Minichillo's Upholstery
Website

Inger-in-Norway

Thanks for your help. I will remove thr captcha and instead create a third scurity question, as I also had problems with the captcha myself.
'Denco'has been sent a mail to activate the account, so that we can see the whole process.

I don't know how Ken did it, but I have been sending out those activating mails ever since I took over. But that is apparently not enough. I just yesterday discovered the further protection bu adding the captcha and the security questions.
So far it seems to work well.

sofadoc

I clicked on the link to activate the "denco" account. I was able to login as denco, but when I tried to post a reply here, I got an error message saying that I was not allowed access.
"Perfection is the greatest enemy of profitability" - Mark Cuban

Inger123

November 11, 2017, 12:53:27 pm #18 Last Edit: November 11, 2017, 12:55:03 pm by Inger123
Testing with my "alter ego"...

Ok, I had done something wrong which I have now corrected.

denco

denco

Now I can post as denco. I guess I just didn't wait long enough.

Inger123

November 11, 2017, 12:56:57 pm #21 Last Edit: November 11, 2017, 03:09:38 pm by Inger-in-Norway
Seems to work. I'll delete both your and my second profiles then...

Inger-in-Norway

Back home now. Since I made those security changes I have had just one person applying for membership. I've just replied with the usual activation mail. it remains to see whether that is a spammer or not.

The violent flood of spam started right after the forum had been upgraded. I wonder if some of the security settings were in place before that, but were overwritten somehow in the upgrade process.

SteveA

kodydog

I have noticed these last few days the spam activity has disappeared. Thanks Inger.
There cannot be a crisis next week. My schedule is already full.
http://northfloridachair.com/index.html

kodydog

Learn english?  Bwahahaha. Inger you have got to leave that one up so we can have a field day with it.
There cannot be a crisis next week. My schedule is already full.
http://northfloridachair.com/index.html

Inger-in-Norway

OK, you can keep it. ;) I have banned the poster, though, so he will have to go someplace else to learn English.